Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dutchie
    Dutchie
    Survivalist
    member2

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

Hi, name is Dutchie, 36 year old Dutch national living in Ireland.

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

Ever since I was a small boy, listening to stories about my grandfathers in WW2, I have been interested about survival of shtf situations.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

To me its important to take care of my family when the situation requires it, no matter what the emergency. (even no one can be 100% prepared for everything…) At the moment economic downturn is my number one priority, as I am of the opinion there is another one just around the corner. Other scenarios follow after that.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

Aim for comfort, but be ready to travel light. My wife and kids are most important, possesions are mostly just dead weight.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

As above: Aim for comfort, but be ready to travel light.

You are dying and have 30 seconds

“Anyone got any chocolate?”

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Love the Emerald Isle Dutchie – welcome to the forum.

Profile photo of Dutchie
    Dutchie
    Survivalist
    member2

Thanks, Tweva, glad I found this place.

Ireland is great, moved here when i was 19, Holland is just too crowded for bad situations…

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Welcome aboard! Look forward to hearing your inputs. I had two grandfathers who served in WWII, one was a field medic, the other a surgeon.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Ireland will always be in the center of my heart for, … some unknown reason, I have never lived there. But perhaps a tick for the idea of reincarnation, because every darn time I visit…I feel peace…and an immediate feeling as if ‘I am home’. LOL, and of course, on a lighter note, I still/now love/grow potatoes in multitudinous quantities. I, simply, love Ireland and her people.

Profile photo of Dutchie
    Dutchie
    Survivalist
    member2

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>WhiteKnight wrote:</div>
    Welcome aboard! Look forward to hearing your inputs. I had two grandfathers who served in WWII, one was a field medic, the other a surgeon.

Thanks, whiteknight. One of my grandfathers was a pow with the Germans, the other was in a Jap camp.

Haha, I know what you mean, Tweva. Love the sign when you drive away from the airport into Dublin: “Welcome Home”.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome Dutchie

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Yes Dutchie! I feel the sign before I see it. It is truly a magical place every fiber of my being tells me it is so. Lucky you!

Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

Welcome Dutchie – looking forward to your input!

Semper Fi, K

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Welcome Dutchie

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Profile photo of morning
    morning
    Medic
    rprepper

Well met, Dutchie.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Profile photo of Dutchie
    Dutchie
    Survivalist
    member2

Thanks, everybody!

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Aim for comfort, but be ready to travel light. My wife and kids are most important, possesions are mostly just dead weight.

Welcome Dutchie. Great attitude. Lots of people are ready to die for their “precious” toys, glad you arent one of them.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome Dutchie, grandparents stories from WW2 are great way for getting into survival.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

welcome

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.