Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Digitaldon1
    Digitaldon1
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

Hello,
    My name is Don and I am a 44 year old make in Tampa, Fl.

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

I have always been an avid outdoorsman and prepared minded, i first started being serious about this during the events of the early 90’s like Ruby ridge and the Brady act, felt it was time. I retreated from serious prepping for years but in 2008 I felt the writing was on the wall and set out to make sure my family at least had a fighting chance.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

Just like anything in life “Fortune Favors the Prepared Mind” and I cannot stomach even the thought of not being able to protect my family.

None in particular, this is a flawed process because we do not know what or when an event may happen, I prepare for the basics. I have spent 10’s of thousands of dollars on gear, food etc over the last 6 years but the more i learn the more I realize the true resource is knowledge. Prepping consumed me for a few years, now I’ve reached a point of understanding that what comes will come and that all the food- gear etc may be taken away, but the knowledge in my head cannot. I am at peace now with it.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

Strength through knowledge, Fill your mind as it is your weapon, your shelter and salvation.

Family and Honor, I would rather die than do evil things just to breathe.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

“Fear is the Mind Killer”
    -Herbert-Dune

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

I have loved and been loved, I have lived with Honor…It was a good life.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Don,
    Great way to look at things, knowledge is king.

Digitaldon1
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Thank you, I was moved by Selco’s original post years ago and this is the only forum etc that I would be apart of. This is serious business and his recommendations are solid.

Good to meet you
    Don

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Thanks Don for nice words, and I am glad to have you here!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome Don. See you are in Tampa, FL. I am in Coral Gables, FL.

Digitaldon1
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Right On! Selco, I have recommended your articles to everyone who has ask me about preparedness, it’s real good solid info, hell i have told your story a hundred times. I am Honored to be here, I am a no bullshit kind of guy and hope to learn much and maybe even share a little because nobody knows everything. @Freedom that’s cool to have someone close, we have our own unique preparedness needs in the freakshow state.

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Don,
    Glad to have you here.
    Hannah

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

welcome

Profile photo of riverrat
    riverrat
    Survivalist
    member1

So welcome aboard Don, I too find Selcos’ articles informative. Stand by for heavy rolls, it’s coming soon.

Ed

Digitaldon1
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Thank you! I am glad to be here…..

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Welcome Don!!

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

Welcome Don; I hope you like it here.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.