Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of devildog
    devildog
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

Devildog, Mid 40’s, male, Eastern US (Mid Atlantic)

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

I was introduced to the idea of prepping by a co-worker. I was skeptical at first. After the election in 2012, I became fearful for the direction of my country and concerned with the morals of our society. Once I began to read up on prepping, I began to see what we were lacking and how likely it is a survival situation may occur.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

I am a father and husband. I do not want anything from anyone. I don’t want to have to rely on anyone for mercy or charity. I want to be left alone to pursue my own course. I guess I believe right now, financial collapse is the biggest looming concern for me. There are others concerns, but economic collapse is the 900 lb gorilla in the room for me.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

Initially, I just starting buying MRE’s and freeze dried food. Then after the Newtown massacre, I saw the frenzy for firearms and ammo. I began to think that security will be an important skill. For me, being a former Marine, security and tactics come naturally. I don’t have a green thumb nor am I very innovative. I hope to provide security for my community. Eventually, we were able to purchase some rural property with a small house on it for a bug out location. I don’t know if it was coincidence or divine intervention, but I soon realized our new neighbors were like-minded. I think my mindset is what will be the only thing that keeps us alive. I still feel overwhelmed by the things that need to be prepared. I am in no way ready, but I don’t feel like will ever be fully prepared.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

Most of what Thomas Jefferson wrote as well as the other founding fathers.

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

Tell my friends and family that I love them and hope they remember me.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome to the forum Devildog

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome, and a question for you. How were you able to determine that your neighbors at the bug out location were like minded? 5 years I bought what for me was the bug out location but to the rest of the world it was just a 2nd home. I have since retired and it is now my fulltime home. My neighbors are good practical people but I have no idea if they are like minded in the sense we are talking about here.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome Devildog

devildog
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Thank you Mountain Biker. Well, the wife talked to mine. The neighbors wife must have had a hunch about us because she mentioned it first. We don’t talk about our “stuff”, but we always had a good relationship with them. Other neighbors weren’t as discreet. Another neighbor told us about seeing a shipment of freeze dried food. About a ton of it we were told. We don’t discuss it with them, but we know them as well. All former military. One neighbor is just sulf sufficient as a way of life. Always has been.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Devildog, it sounds like you have the basis for for mutual support, which is a good thing. What state did you buy your bol?

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome here Devildog, yes it sounds that you have interesting neighbors.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome, pull up a chair and stay a while.

Profile photo of Ron S
    Ron S
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome Devildog. I am sure you will find many here share a similar mindset to yours. I am looking forward to hearing your views on the various subjects. Ron S

devildog
    Survivalist
    rprepper

We are in Va

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Devildog…. Ooh Rah?

Welcome.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.