Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of claymor
    claymor
    Survivalist
    member2

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

Hello there fellow Survivalist and Preppers! Claymor here, check’n in from the once great state of Illinois. I’ve only lived here for about 8 months. I grew up in a rural area of Ohio. I was fortunate enough that we had a private hundred Acers of land, I grew up hunting, fishing, camping and racing Moto-Cross. I lived in Oregon for 14 years where I got accustomed to getting lost in the mountains for a few days at a time. Now, all I do is work, so to get money for my prepps. Though my geological local is far less than ideal, I hope to change that before SHTF.

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

I took an interest in survival back in 1996 during my 1st big back packing trip in Eastern Oregon. I’ve been reading, watching and practicing survival ever since. I got into prepping, really prepping, about 3 years ago, I woke up to reality that we have a takeover regime in congress, making laws in secret to restrict our freedoms. Figure it best to start prepping for the big one, whatever that may be.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

I want to be prepared for any SHTF scenario. Though, whatever that may be, it will initially strike mass social unrest, shortly after, the onset of Martial law and suspension of the constitution. Now here come the Militarized Police, or DHS, or even NATO troops for door to door gun confiscation. I guess the idea is to bug out before this happens, or at least, that’s my idea.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

My prepping is never ending, I will be prepping until the Poop hits the propeller. One payday maybe G & A, the next food, then gear, more G & A, Water storage, barter items and on it goes!
    My philosophy? If someone’s gonna end up dead, I’m gonna do all I can to make sure it’s not me.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art… It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival.
    C.S. Lewis

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

I would try not to think about the fact that I was going to die in 30 seconds.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Welcome!

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome to the forums Claymor!

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Hope to hear from you more. Don’t be shy about jumping in. The natives are all friendly! Welcome!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome to the forum.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Welcome to the fold! You have a pretty similar reason for starting to prep with respect to mine.

Profile photo of claymor
    claymor
    Survivalist
    member2

Thank you all for the warm welcome! This site seams to be full of good info and input, I’m glad to be here and hope to make some like minded friends.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Welcome Clay…

How are things in The People’s Republic? :) Kidding… hopefully, you will be far away from there when the defecation hits the oscillation…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of claymor
    claymor
    Survivalist
    member2

@ Malgus. Things here are ok for now, though I do have a sense of less freedom, somehow. I hope to be far away from here when TSHTF also. But, I have my plans and God has his…

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome pull up a chair and stay a while.

Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

Claymor – glad to have you here! Look forward to your input or questions that will be that nugget of info someone else here was looking for.

– God has his plan…Amen to that brother!

K

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Profile photo of Glockerman
    Glockerman
    Survivalist
    member2

Greetings from Illinois’ state park. (Wisconsin) :)

Profile photo of claymor
    claymor
    Survivalist
    member2

Greetings, Glockerman. I’m hoping to buy some Bug-Out property in Wisconsin, got my eye on 5 Acres right now, but, a few $$ grand short at present. Hope to hear more from ya, having trouble meeting preppers down here in Oz.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.