Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hbarh
    Hbarh
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

Hello all. My name is Cap, 43, M, Sandhills of NE.

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

been into prepping for about 15 yrs now. I like being able to take care of me and mine.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

Peace of mind. All I can think of, within reason(not worried about zombies).

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

Having skills and good friends/family. The well being of meand mine.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

There is always a way.

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

Here is a video how to do this:
    It’s been a Hell of a Ride!

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Hello and welcome Cap!
    There is a always way indeed, and survival and prepping is about finding those ways.

Profile photo of sootsme
    sootsme
    Survivalist
    member1

I’m Ed. Near Salt Lake City, UT. Into it ever since I was born. Beats all known alternatives. America is about self determination, which includes personal responsibility (Big Brother is not going to save us…). Financial collapse and growth of tyranny are my main concerns. A couple quotes:”Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.”-Benjamin Franklin. “Trust those who seek truth. Distrust those who have found it.” Not sure who said this, but absolutely good words to live by. Last 30 seconds: tell family I love them & keep shooting, if in a fight…

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Hi Ed, maybe put this in a new post?

http://community.shtfschool.com/achievement/prepper-profile/

I can’t move your post and make a new thread.
    Thanks and welcome!

Jay

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

Welcome to the forum, Cap.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

anika
    anika
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Hi, Cap, and welcome! (And Ed, too! :))

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Cap H.,
    Welcome!
    I don’t think anyone in their right mind is worried about zombies, so most of America is probably worried.
    Good to have you here!
    Hannah

Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

Wow this community is growing so fast! Hi Cap!

Profile photo of Ron S
    Ron S
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome Cap H I grew up in the panhandle of Nebraska. Finest sand anywhere. I remember having to always remember not to drive twice in the same tracks because you could cause a blowout (a blowout is where the wind would carry the sand away and cause a big hole). The neat thing is that, although most of the water on the surface was alkiline, you could take a 5 foot shovel and hit water that was 99.9% pure. I have been told that is no longer true as the water table has gone down a lot in the last 50 years. I loved the soapweed (Yucca) plants and all the things you could do with them.Seems to me as though one could form a very nice defensive barrier with those.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

welcome

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Hello and welcome to the group here!

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Welcome Cap H

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Darin Prentice
    Darin Prentice
    Survivalist
    member4

greetings, nice to meet ya.

Prepare, Preserve, Protect...

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.