Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Broadside
    Broadside
    Survivalist
    member3

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

Hi everyone. You can call me Broadside. I’m a 40yo male located in FEMA region 3.

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

I started in the early 2000’s. Some friends clued me in to some inconsistencies regarding what we’re told an how the world really works. The blackout of 2003 in the northeast US only cemented the deal.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

My wife and children. They’re really the only thing that matters, and the reason I do this. A financial collapse is a mathematical certainty. I wish it were simply my opinion, but I’ve looked into it too thoroughly to be able to lie to myself now. Beyond that, any of the PTB could do something incredibly stupid or simply malevolent. That, combined with knowing what the average person acts like when under stress or scared and prepping isn’t voluntary anymore.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

I am no high speed death machine/operator/space shuttle door gunner. The only thing Delta about me is my kitchen faucet. I’m a KISS guy. Anti-tactcool, low speed, practicality at all times. Joe average.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

My father once told me “Try not to be too stupid.”

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

If my family was there I’d just tell them what they already know, that I love them. Either that, or make a fart joke. They know it means roughly the same thing.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome, pull up a chair and stay a while.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

I am no high speed death machine/operator/space shuttle door gunner. The only thing Delta about me is my kitchen faucet. I’m a KISS guy. Anti-tactcool, low speed, practicality at all times. Joe average.

Most of survival and prepping is exactly not about all the tactical stuff. Gets often forgotten.
    Welcome on board!

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome here Broadside!

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Broadside – enjoy the forum. Look forward to hearing from you. Welcome!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome Broadside.

Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

Broadside – 14 years prepping huh? Nice – look forward to your input and comments!

Semper Fi, K

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Welcome to the forum Broadside!

I like your survival philosophy and agree with it. KISS is one of my favorite acronyms :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.