Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Blades
    Blades
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

Jason, old, male and I hang my hat in Fayetteville, NC.

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

Since I was a young boy reading the Boy Scout manual and science fiction stories. Frank Herbert’s “Dune” is my favorite book.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

It is interesting because I find it is more a “mindset” than a gadget or trinket. People survived for thousands of years without the inventions of the last 100 years. I am preparing to live. What scenario? All of them.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

Be flexible; adapt, improvise, overcome.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

Two secular ones, plenty from the Bible:
    From “Dune” the Bene-gesserit litany: “I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”
    From Archilochus(c. 680 BC – c. 645 BC), Greek poet and mercenary: “I have a high art: I hurt with cruelty those who wound me.”

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

“I love you” to my wife. I have been “almost” dead a few times, and truthfully I didn’t say anything.

anika
    anika
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Howdy, Blades, and nice to have you!

Popz
    Popz
    Survivalist
    member3

How’ do Blades.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome Jason!

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Welcome Blades!

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.