Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of benjammin
    benjammin
    Survivalist
    member3

Greetings. I am joining the forum to share some of my experience and learn from others. I have been prepping since before Y2K and have worked hard to educate myself and gain valuable experience. I will try to help with what I know.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Hello Benjamin and welcome to the community, we are all here to learn!

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome, pull up a chair and stay a while.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Welcome to the fold, Benjamin! It may not be by the 1000’s but we are definitely growing!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome to the forum Benjamin.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Welcome, looking forward to hear your opinion on things! :)

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of benjammin
    benjammin
    Survivalist
    member3

Thanks all for the welcome. So here is my official Prepper Profile Q&A

Welcome! Please introduce yourself?

Ben, 50, Male, Alaska

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

Since being in scouts a long time ago. Seemed like the thing to do. More serious as Y2K got close, then just kept building on the idea.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

I have been starving, I have been transient, I have been at remote locations, I have been in bad places and seen how others less fortunate suffer. I like to learn things that can help me stay alive and others.

SHTF in general. Grid loss, WROL.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

have enough stores to get through the initial calamity, make the transition to a requisite survival lifestyle during that time, network, physical conditioning, marksmanship. Think outside the box and don’t give up.

get through the day. Keep the faith, Let God lead

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

Chance favors the prepared mind. Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

depending on the company I am in, I embrace my family members/friends and tell them I love them. I pray to God to watch over them, and to take my soul.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Thanks for the profile Ben!

Profile photo of Anselm
    Anselm
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome, Benjammin!

Do you notice any weird phenomena in the Alaskan rural areas and wilderness?

Have you found any Alaskan Indian myths and legends to have a basis of truth?

Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

Ben, welcome brother! Good to see you on here as I’m sure you’ve got some tricks up your sleeve that you can teach us about your experiences. Look forward to reading about them.

Take Care, K

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.