Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    AHGoodwin
    AHGoodwin
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

My name is Amanda Hope Goodwin. I am 27 years old and live in the White Mountains of New Hampshire, USA

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

I have been interested in survival and preparedness for a few years now. My interest was prompted by the fragile state of our foreign affairs and fear of a nuclear attack by the middle east or invasion by china. Since then I have come to realize that the more likely scenario would probably be a civil unrest or martial law scenario.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

Survival and preparedness is important to me because if the SHTF, I do not wish to be a victim, nor do I wish to be someone scavenging the garbage and drinking from rancid puddles just to keep alive. I am currently focusing my efforts on long term loss of power, civil unrest, and martial law.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

What matters most to me is keeping my self, my husband, my dog, and ideally my 4 cats alive and happy living a self sustaining lifestyle off the grid and away from other people and the military.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

Long before I ever even considered prepping or TEOTWAWKI, this has been my favorite quote since the moment I first read it when I was 17.

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived…” -Henry David Thoreau

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

What I would like to think I would say: I would tell my husband that I love him and thank him for taking care of me and loving me. I would ask him to please go on and be happy and care for our kids (pets).

What I would probably say: I would tell my husband that I was scared that I dont want to go.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome Amanda!

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Welcome Amanda!!

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

anika
    anika
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Nice to have you here!

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Welcome Amanda! You live in a beautiful area of the country..and it always seemed a place that, overall, has people with a self-reliant attitude. Which should help. Are you currently using alternative power sources in your living situation?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.