Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Adrenoman
    Adrenoman
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

Curtis, 32, male, Utah, Wasatch Front

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

I stated about 2 years ago with just gaining knowledge. It has only been about 8 months that i have actually started prepping. Part is my own fault, but i found it hard to organize all the information i received and figure out were to start. I guess i have 2 things that helped get me into prepping. I was evacuated for a wildfire and realized i had no idea what to do. I have worked in public safety for 13 years, but that day i was lost. A few months later i caught an episode of doomsday preppers and realized i needed to get my family ready for whatever we faced next.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

You can never be to prepared. Having worked for the fire department i see how unprepared people are for the most minor thing. People get overwhelmed just because they have a family member that is throwing up. I never again will be unprepared.

I am preparing for any situation really. My focus is on short and mid-length disasters. If TEOTWAWKI does hit, i do have a bug out location. However, i am mostly focusing on natural and man made disasters, with society collapsing in the shadows.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

Having my family prepared and able to stand without me. I may be at work and will be one of the last people to make it back home. I want to make sure my wife and kids are able to function independently from me. I have a network, but most of us are fire and police. This group allows to pull from a lot of backgrounds, as most fire and police did other trades prior to getting on the departments. We have made plans to assemble our families and watch out for each other.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

7 P’s {Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance}

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

I lived my life with no regrets. I served others when they needed service, and I am proud of the family I have raised to this point.

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Welcome Curtis, glad to have ya here!

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Darin Prentice
    Darin Prentice
    Survivalist
    member4

hi neighbor, nice to meet you.

Prepare, Preserve, Protect...

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Curtis,
    Glad to have you here!
    Good to hear that you began prepping after having your eyes opened!
    You must have some great stories from your time on duty.
    Welcome!
    Hannah

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome Curtis!
    I am glad to hear that you have good and prepared group there.

anika
    anika
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Good to have you! A lot of good resources for prepping in Utah.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

welcome

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.