Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of aburgher
    aburgher
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

Hi! My name is Ann and I am 52 years old and live in Michigan. I am female and married to Dave for 32 years. We have two adult children and both live in Florida now. Our son lives in Orlando and our daughter and her husband live in Tampa. We will be first time grandparents in May of this year and look forward to spoiling our granddaughter.

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

My husband and I started prepping about two years ago. We have mostly prepared to bug-in but we are currently working on prepping for a bug-out situation if needed. We are not necessarily prepping for any one specific disaster. Mostly we worry about government issues and take over. We are not worried about zombies but find it to be kind of fun to read about!

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

Survival and preparedness is important to us because we like to be prepared for as much as possible. We are just getting into firearms ownership, too, and find it to be fascinating and fun! We shoot on a Glock Team for practice and experience.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

Our prepping/survival philosophy is to just always be prepared for the worst. Anything easier will just be easy. We are currently focussing on gathering supplies and stockpiling supplies.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

My favorite is “It is easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.”

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

I say, “From my cold, dead, hands.” And take out as many as I can.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome Ann, I am located in Miami, Florida but travel many times to Tampa and Orlando were your sons live.

I also believe in prepping for a collapse of the financial markets. Here you will learn a lot from all the members.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome, pull up a chair and stay a while.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

welcome

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome Ann, glad to have you here!

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Hi Ann, great attitude! Prepping has so many things to learn and discover its quite entertaining. Love your last few words and actions. Welcome on board!

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Ann,
    Glad to have you here!
    I agree with Jay, you have a great attitude.
    Hannah

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Welcome Ann!!

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

Hi Ann. We seem to have a few Florida people. Maybe it’s something in the weather.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.