Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of noonanda
    noonanda
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

Hey all my name is Noonanda, 39 yr old male located in the deserts of Yucca Valley california

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

I got more into survival after we moved up here, but having been both a boyscout and then a US Marine for 20 years I have always been interested in survival. Having a family to take care /taken care of is everything to me.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

Bad things happen to good people, and while you cannot prepare for everything some basic planning can take you a long way. My worst case scenarios would be general unrest/economic collapse or a severe earthquake(s).

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

Its like the old latin saying “Si Vis Pacem Parabellum” (If you want peace prepare for war)
    No one looks forward to what might happen or wants TEOWAWKI/SHTF to happen unless you are brain damaged. But preparing for Worst case scenarios is what I used to do, I was always looking at what could go wrong and figuring out ways to mitigate. My family is everything to me, and will defend them with my life, so I look at ways things could go bad and try to develop a plan, and update those plans as neccesary.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

Got 3 favorite quotes, One from a classic movie and 2 from serving as a Marine. Movie quote would be “You see in this world there are two types of people my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig… you dig” from clint eastwood in The good the bad and the ugly.
    The others are “stupid people are alive because it is illegal to kill them” and “prior proper planning prevents piss poor performance”

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

Tough one, probably just goodbyes to my family

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

welcome

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Noonanda, hope to hear more from you on the forums. Welcome

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome Noonanda

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome Noonanda!
    Glad to have you here.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome here Noonanda!

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Welcome Noonanda

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Hey Noonanda, welcome on board!

“Si Vis Pacem Parabellum” (If you want peace prepare for war)

Love that one, added to my little collection. I also like the planning aspect of survival. Thinking through possibilities and what could be done. Its a bit like a game.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Rowan McDirk
    Rowan McDirk
    Survivalist
    member3

welcome

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome, pull up a seat and stay a while.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.