Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of libbylindy
    libbylindy
    Survivalist
    member4

I am your proverbial “grandma” with a twist. I prep! Most grandmas don’t (that I can find), so I seem to be the oddball of friends and family. I believe in being self sustaining as much as I can. Therefore, I keep some extra food on hand. I put in a garden for sustained food sources. I raise chickens to give me food and fertilizer – fertilizer being the most important thing they give me. I learn different skills to add to what I know. I married the proverbial handyman and a guy that can improvise – and does – on a regular basis. Between the two of us, we have many skills that will be useful later, but ones we use daily here and now. I not only can my food, but I teach the simple process to others who want to learn. I do alternative cooking styles and I also teach that. Anything that I know how to do, I like to share with others in this time where learning and prepping are still feasible and possible. I truly believe that the time will come when we will be in the position that we have to rely on what we already know. We will be too busy trying to live, to start finding ways to be useful and sustaining.

What I fear the most is not the zombies and the mobsters – although they can be deadly – but the government who has become the zombie and the mobster and the intruder into all of our lives. Therefore, since I am not in control of them and do not want to be beholden to them in any way, I try as hard as I can to be productive. I would like to learn to live the life that my great grandparents lived. They didn’t live off the grid. They lived without the grid. It was hard but they survived. That is my goal. To survive.

What would I say in my last 30 seconds of life? God, into your hands I commit my spirit. I hope that I was a credit to your name. Forgive me when I wasn’t. Keep my loved ones I am leaving behind, under Your almighty and caring wing of protection. I’m on my way………………….

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Good to have you here Libbylindy!
    Sounds like you have some good skills and experience there.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Hi there! You aren’t an oddball – but a smart,practical woman. Keep it up – there will be a day your family and friends will thank you.

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Welcome Libby. Your not an odd ball honest! Its just every one else who is odd!! My 70 yr old father told me that. ;)

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Profile photo of Ron S
    Ron S
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome Libbylindy! It sounds as though we are kindred spirits, although you are further along than I am. I look forward to hearing more about your efforts.

anika
    anika
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Welcome and good to have you!

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

libbylindy,
    I’m glad you’re here!
    I’m excited to hear more from you.
    I wish my grandma was into prepping!
    Hannah

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.