Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MuffinMan
    MuffinMan
    Survivalist
    member1

I left the Heart of Darkness thirteen months ago. I’m in South America now, making friends and learning the language. I’ve been fortunate enough to have survived my own stupidity for 72 years. I think I’ve learned a couple of things.

anika
    anika
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Welcome to the forums and to this hemisphere. :) Great to have you! I know from stupid. *grin*

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Welcome to the boards!! Even at the age of 38 I seen stupid!! And will likely see more with my luck….lol

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

MuffinMan
    Survivalist
    member1

Thanks, Anika. As the man said, “It ain’t easy but it’s simple.” lol

MuffinMan
    Survivalist
    member1

Thanks, Gypsy Wanderer Husky. If we’re lucky, we live and learn.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome MuffinMann, there must be lot of good experience there, not just stupidity.

Profile photo of Ron S
    Ron S
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome Muffinman. Been there, done that. Don’t want to do it again, but I probably will.

Profile photo of libbylindy
    libbylindy
    Survivalist
    member4

Wow! You have done what I would love to do! I keep talking to the husband, but so far I am stuck here and having to make the best of it. I think you are so wise to leave. I hope all goes well for you!

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

MuffinMan,
    Glad to have you here!
    South America must be very interesting in terms of what to prep for and how to prep for it.
    I’m excited to hear more from you.
    Hannah

MuffinMan
    Survivalist
    member1

Thanks, Selco. I like to think I have a little experience. But it’s always the things you don’t think about that come around and bite you. When I was a kid, a next door neighbor (a retired spook) told me, “Complete paranoia is perfect preparedness.” I didn’t understand then. Sometimes I still don’t. But as I get older, I get glimpses.

There’s so much to worry about and only so much time and resources. In the States, I had piles of stuff which I gave to friends – or sold. Down here in South America, the awareness is on a lower level. These people have been through so much, they don’t really talk about what they do or have in reserve. Probably wise. I’m still living day to day. Feel like a kid on the road again.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

welcome

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Welcome! What a grea, new adventure you’ve embarked on. Will love to read of your experiences here.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.