Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Halle Corrine
    Halle Corrine
    Survivalist

I had posted my introduction earier, but it seems to have disappeared. If there is a double post that shows up, I apologize for that now.

I’m a new member here. I’m Halle Corrine, and I’m origninally from south Texas, but I’m now living the south east part of the U.S.

I’ve actually been into survival since I was a little girl. My parents were into emergency prepardness while growing up and it has stuck with me. I forgot about it during my college days (I’m in the medical field), but life has a way of bringing you back to your senses. I’ve been preparing for many years.

Survival and preparedness are important to me because I never want to be dependent on anyone or anything. I feel more secure in what I can do for myself rather than to trust my wellbeing to another. The scenarios I am preparing for are: personal crisis, natural and manmade disaters, economic collapse, invasion of radical, violent ideology (I’m already seeing the signs in my small town), and against a corrupt, self-serving government. Re-reading that to myself makes me realize that I may come across like I’m paranoid, but I am very stable. I promise.

I would describe my prepping / survival philosophy by sayaing that no one will take better care of me than myself, and what matters most to me is health, a long and happy life, and the freedome to chose the life I want to live.

I am a quote junkie, but one of my favorites to share, “A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she until she gets into hot water.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt.

If I was dying and had 30 seconds left, I doubt I would say anything; I think I would in shock, but maybe something like, “I love you. I’ll see you on the other side.”

I’m looking forward to meeting everyone and learning from each other.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome, pull up a chair and stay a while.

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Welcome, Halle! That was my maternal grandmother’s name. I’m pleased to have a female perspective in this forum.

Cry, "Treason!"

Halle Corrine
    Survivalist

Thank you! Happy to be here.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome. New voices are always a good thing.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Welcome, Halle. And if the following labels you as paranoid, then you’ll be welcome here among your fellow paranoids: “The scenarios I am preparing for are: personal crisis, natural and manmade disaters, economic collapse, invasion of radical, violent ideology (I’m already seeing the signs in my small town), and against a corrupt, self-serving government.” ;-)

With respect to your previous introduction (Prepper Profile) disappearing, it could easily have happened if you had tried to go back and edit the post – especially more than once. There is a glitch in the board software that just sends multi-edited posts off into the ethersphere, never to be seen or heard from again. If you didn’t edit your original post, we can always blame it on the North Koreans or Iran or whoever. (I just tried to edit a couple words of this and it, too, disappeared.) LOL!

Poke around this place, and don’t neglect some of the older threads – there is a real wealth of information here on almost any prepping topic you could want, from a whole lot of very competent folks. Yes, there’s politics too, but hopefully that usually stays in the “News and Current Events” and “Off Topic” subject areas of the Forum (we stray just a bit at times – forgive us). And don’t neglect Selco’s Blog:

http://shtfschool.com/blog/

I just noticed that there’s an excellent new blog post there I hadn’t seen – well worth the read. That is followed vertically by a long string of older ones beneath it (equally valuable). You’ll come to appreciate Selco even more, as well as gaining great insights.

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

GS, and everyone else — Re editing a post — I’ve managed to use a workaround of sorts. When I find an error or omission in my post, I
    (1) copy the post its entirety by highlighting all of it [“Control C”];
    (2) begin the edited post with the word “edited,” or other appropriate comment, drop a line,
    (3) paste [“Control V”] the copied text to be edited,
    (4) carefully make the necessary edits, and
    (5) Submit — i.e., Post. It has worked for me before, but No Guarantees!

The software that allows posts seems to “read” the first word, or line. If it’s the same beginning as in the original, it seems to recognize the rest of it, edited or not, as a repeat of previous post, and rejects it, hence the new first line: “edited.”

Cry, "Treason!"

Halle Corrine
    Survivalist

Yes, I tried to edit my orignal post and it vanished. The second time I was smart enough to copy and paste it, and that was a good thing, because it took me a couple of times before I figured out what I was doing wrong. I’ll have to remember to slow down, re-read, and check for typos before hitting the submit button.

I actually stumbled onto Selco’s blog, and I was reading that for quite a while before deciding to take his courses. So glad I did! Worth every cent. I am still in the process of completing those classes, and I am picking up little gems here and there. I remember seeing news on the Balkan War during that time, but I was young and it was so far removed from my little area of the world, that I did not pay much attention. Actually hearing his story has created a personal connection, and I feel as if it happend to someone I know; it brings a human touch to it all. Selco’s story has piqued my curiosity to know more. I have ordered a book from Amazon so that I can learn more about the war’s history.

The new blog post on hurricane prepardness was great too! I took several notes. Thank you for the warm welcome.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome here Halle Corrine!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.