Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of speakingtruth2you
    speakingtruth2you
    Survivalist
    member2

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

Cynthia F, 54 years old, Female, Midwest

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

Since 2000. What made me? Growing up in rural life. Being homeless and building relationships with others homeless. Many were vets who never received benefits entitled to. This was before it was even made a big deal in media years later about war vets and no benefits, losing homes, etc.I grew to like the simple life

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

Why-Even after no longer homeless in sense of what had been. I learned simple life and continue to learn how to develop skills for most scenarios and do with little and am happy. Government administration continues to deteriorate, many around don’t have a clue or want to have a clue. Over the last two years it has gone from wanting a simple life to seeing it will be a way of life with all the rules changing.
    Preparing for government to control most everything. Internet laws now passed to for them to control this, gun control is a battle on going. Learning other communication and probably no livelihood with business online income. Therefore it means grow more of own food inside(chemtrails destroy atmosphere). One thing I’ve never spent a lot of time is learning to use a gun although have one. It is time to do so, and learn other self-defense skills in as a required way of life.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

Some of prepping is listed above. I’m looking for more suitable long term living.May be able to avoid moving around for awhile. I’m considering what would be best choices for heat in bitter Iowa winter, cooking and other things as things become more difficult and government and thugs take from those that have. I use wood stove now but when I go outside to take dogs out, I notice smoke coming from chimney is dead giveaway if were trying to be hidden.
    All my stored food/wood/medicine is great if I’m not moving around. So what then? If others know I have supply they will eventual take it if unprepared. Or try :)
    And most around me here are unprepared. I’m a raving fool to them if they should talk to me lol
    I give no clue to what I have.

Survival Philosophy: I am not sure what philosophy I have or maybe what to call it. I know preparedness is everything. Thinking I know it all will cause me to lose in the end. To not be wise and act foolish will cost me my life. I definitely want to connect to others of like mind when I can find them. Being ready maybe a temporary comfort but as things and rules changes it won’t stay like is. I will always be forced to think outside of box and use my brain and teamwork if connected to a trustworthy group not living with ignorant attitudes. What did a teaching say, ‘Be Good and Be Bad’

What matters? To keep preparing and learning. Be as ready as one hopes to be at all times. Hope my children/grandchildren will be safe and possibly come where I am and where I go. I am concerned about those that are related to in-laws. I don’t want them coming anywhere I go. Live like rubbish and will sell their soul for a $1

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

‘Look always for the good in what’s at hand and in yourself. Look and you will see it. It will enable you to adapt to what is to come’

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

speakingtruth2you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome, pull up a chair and stay a while.

speakingtruth2you
    Survivalist
    member2

Thanks Kindly, Whirlibird. Glad to be here and pulled up this virtual chair, cup of java and staying a long while. Or as long as dept of internet lets me.

speakingtruth2you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

As to the firearms part you mentioned, here’s a thread to paruse.

http://community.shtfschool.com/forums/topic/firearms-training-videos/

And dare I ask where in the hawkeye state, always nice to hear from someone from ‘home’.

speakingtruth2you
    Survivalist
    member2

Hello and thanks for link. I will definitely be watching and making changes to my use/learning of firearms very shortly.

So you are from the Hawkeye state. It is nice to meet another who has made it home in past.

No offense intended. I’d prefer at this point to be careful to share where I’m at in too much specifics but I can tell you I’m closer to Minnesota line.
    Since I’m I have an online business it requires some travel to get mail and products. I never get bored and wouldn’t even if didn’t go anywhere but the barn. Probably date myself a little but remember show ‘Green Acres; and Green acres is the life for me. :)
    Sometime soon things may get very difficult so I’d better enjoy the moment and each moment to come.

speakingtruth2you

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome. I loved Green Acres myself, though I never did understand why Oliver wore his suit all the time. When we moved out to where we lived now, one of my wife’s friends characterized us as Oliver & Lisa being I’m the one who wanted to be out in the country whereas my wife’s 1st choice would have been a condo downtown somewhere.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

I completely understand, and close enough for a location, gives a reference point for certain comments/ideas. As I recall you’d be north of the ‘black belt”, making gardening slightly more difficult than where I grew up. For reference, Mt Pleasant, Keota, and Kalona were all close.

I remember Green Acres, at least in reruns.

Trying to remember any instructors up that way, will check my notes, as I recall there was a really good couple of guys up that way, across the line though.

Enjoy that barn and garden time, perhaps drown a worm or two while its still fun not work.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome to the forums Cynthia, glad to have you here!

Profile photo of CharlieTango
    CharlieTango
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Welcome!

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Welcome to the forum…many good folks here.

If not already check out Selco’s SHTF course. It’s the real deal.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome to the forum Cynthia.

speakingtruth2you
    Survivalist
    member2

Hello everyone,
    Appreciate the warm welcome. @mountainbiker-Green Acres and Oliver in his suit. I thought it a start contrast to what he was really about and your wife and Lisa would have got along well in the city. :) yet I’m sure she is most happy to be away from the none sense with you

@chester-I’ve been going through Selco’s course and Jay’s as well. Dynamite and will need to keep absorbing. More information than I’d get most places. Most of course haven’t been through hell yet either.

@whirlibird-let me know if think of any of those instructors. as far as greenhouse/gardening I gave up doing so outside. I prefer to have a little less garbage from the air and water in my food. :) Heck I raise worms so shall I drown one for fun lol

Thanks Selco, Charlie Tango, freedom and all of you for making a person feel welcome.

I look forward to being here as much as I can. Thansk to whay I’m learning from Jay’s bonus course I have my desktop on vpn. Still working out vpn stuff on my laptop grrr I never wanted to be a computer geek but I think it’s almost a requirement. At least while I still have internet.
    If there is a will there is a way and I will overcome obstacles while I still have some spare time.

speakingtruth2you

Profile photo of Ron S
    Ron S
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome Cynthia As a neighbor just a few miles to the West of you, we probably face many of the same problems. Hope to hear more from you as it sounds as though you have some good experiences to relate. Ron S

speakingtruth2you
    Survivalist
    member2

Hello Ron,
    Great to hear from a neighbor in my area. Looking forward to being around here.

speakingtruth2you

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.