Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Morning! My name is Robin. I live on 1,750 acres slice of a major National Grassland. There is an lodge, 16 cabins (4 restored), a central latrine, a bath house, 75 acre lake and over 300 campsites. I retired from the Navy in 1997 and had my own business repairing/rebuilding historic homes and business’s. I have been the caretaker here since 2004.
    We started a prepper group in 2000. In 2012 we loosely entered into a much larger, state wide group.
    I became very involved in prepping in 1995. In that year I was part of a UN operation in Mogadishu, Somalia. My involvement was providing communications, intelligence and counter-intelligence to the UN Commander. This was my first exposure to a society without any rules or morals. The one thing that drove everyone in Somalia was food.
    I now know that I first must take care of myself. If I am unhealthy, sick or hurt I am no use to anyone.
    The American and World economy is on a downhill freefall. I know what people will do in order to eat or provide food for their family. It is not a matter of if things will hit the fan it is only a matter of when.
    I had a extensive supply of put up stores….until a month ago. Since then I have thrown out a large portion of my supplies. Mice! I am now the plastic bin King of Texas. I am working on getting permission to have a separate storage building installed.
    If I were dying and had 30 seconds to say something it would be:
    “Keep your head on a swivel.” Never, ever assume anything. The moment you think things are rosy is when the thorns will jump up and get you!!

Robin

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Welcome Robin!

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

anika
    anika
    Survivalist
    rreallife

I say we all meet at Robin’s when SHTF – that sounds pretty ideal! *grin* Great to have you here!

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

Too bad about the mice, Robin. I hope you can build up your stocks quickly. I admire practical applications of prepping; hope to read input from you as we go along.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome Robin, it is true, when people are driven with hunger lot of things and rules gonna change.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.