Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Deleted.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Once Again, WELCOME!

This is a pretty good place for firearms, WhirliBird is our Resident Gunsmith, and many more here are dedicated firearms enthusiasts, myself included :D

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Attachments:
    Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Deleted.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Welcome C and thanks for your post. I’m not pickled egg fan (what makes them pink/red anyway)…but the local country market sells a huge jar out every week.

Don’t let all the gun talk intimidate you. Half the time I don’t know what they are going on about. If you get a gun(s) that feels comofrtable to hold for you,can learn gun safety, learn how to clean and take care of your guns and actually HIT targets (eventually game etc)….that is what is most important….Shooting is a great sport in itself..of course there are other benefits to learning the skills.

Hope to hear more fromyou

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Deleted.

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Deleted.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome to the forum c.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Well, Hi-C.

Pull up a chair and stay a while.

Profile photo of Ron S
    Ron S
    Survivalist
    member6

welcome c. Hope to hear more about permaculture and forest gardening. Ron S

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

C, You should be afraid of guns in the same manner as you should be afraid of a chain saw or any powerful tool. Used in the wrong way they are extremely dangerous to you and others. Used properly they are a great time and energy saving device. By themselves they are inert objects incapable of doing anything.

Love your food site the smoked salmon looks awesome!

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Deleted.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Somewhere along the line I was taught matter can’t be destroyed. Humans are slowly altering the micro surface of the earth. Any natural geological event like a volcano or earthquake dwarfs human activity and should help keep the capability of each in perspective.

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Deleted.

Attachments:
    Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome here C!

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Wow, “C”!
    Really glad you joined!
    I see that we have a lot of common areas of interest, but that we (most likely) came at it from opposite poles. I have done much reading on Peak Oil, Energy, Environment, etc… I am coming to abhor waste in any form, especially where it costs me money LOL!

Did a quick perusal of your site using the last link, very interesting! I know the “mother earthers” have some good points, but “eco-fascism” is not one of them. I am a founding member of our new local food co-op but I need to get more active, I donated (or bought membership) to get it off the ground, and read the newsletters. Once they get a physical location I can do more, utilizing my professional skills ;)

Can’t wait to hear more!

As for your firearms purchasing, you need a PLAN. I had a good plan, but expanded it excessively due to the ammo shortages we were experiencing here in the U$A. (I see you are in BC, eh?) ;)
    I would suggest something like this:

Common 22lr for small game and varmint control (if necessary, I’m sure you know some natural methods for them Wascally Varmits!)

Shotgun, 12g (or 20g if recoil sensitive members of your tribe need to be able to use it)

Hunting Rifle for medium to large game, bear defense (270W, 30-06, etc and larger)

“Battle Rifle” for mid range defense/CQB (.223/5.56, 300 BLK, low recoil; AK47, AR10, 30 cal heavy hitters)
    You can get an AR platform, or a mini-14 for the low recoil, and a mini-30 for the 30 cal stuff. Plenty of other choices as well, but for a battle rifle I suggest at least something with a 20 or 30 round magazine minimum. Lots of nice Russian offerings in the NATO calibers, they used to be cheaper before Obama and Putin got into these latest p*$$ing contests, pardon my “french”…

And FINALLY, my own personal recommendation, a Magnum Rimfire Rifle. (all the above is standard stuff)
    22 Magnum and 17 HMR (Hornady Magnum Rimfire)
    Cheaper weapons usually, cheaper ammo, excellent power and range, gentle recoil…
    22 Mag is a bit scarce here, but 17 HMR is all over the place. I have read there is NO ammo shortage in Canada, so that is great! There is a new 17 WSM, but only one rifle made so far (Savage) and ammo is extremely scarce, so I do not recommend that at this time. But it rivals many centerfire rounds, at lower cost.

So much to do and learn, I’m sure you are well on your way! Hoping I can help in some small way, and I am certain I can learn from you.

~RGR

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.