Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of hairygrump
    hairygrump
    Survivalist
    member1

Hairygrump, 41yrs, male, Calgary, AB Canada
    Got into prepping when I got married and started having kids about 5 years ago. For me prepping is important because my family, thier security, and well being are the single most important things to me. Its my job to look after them. While I don’t want to be one of those people who always thinks the sky is falling, I do recognize that things come unglued from time to time and having the tools to provide the basics will ease those situations a tad. We were directly affected by the flooding in southern Alberta last year and it still affects my daughter a year later. Anything I can do to minimize impacts on her or my wife is worth the time, money, and energy. No real words of wisdom as I’m not overly wise. Other than try to keep your wits about you at all times. As to the 30 second thing, I figure that would be a good time to finish off whatever bacon I have left, drink the last drop of whiskey in the flask, and enjoy one last pull on my pipe. Again, no words of widom to pass on because I got myself killed and didn’t die in my sleep

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome, pull up a chair and stay a while.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome Hairygrump, I am glad to have you here!

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Hey there Hairygrump! I agree, preparedness is more about being smart and realizing it is you who has to look out for yourself and your loved ones. Once SHTF nobody else might help!

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

HairyGrump – welcome aboard! I’m in the same boat you are – got a family of five. My kids are a bit older and we haven’t been through anything too serious, but it ony takes one strong wind or other to change that! Look forward to your comments on the discussions as you see fit.

Take Care, K

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.