Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of feral hobbit
    feral hobbit
    Survivalist
    member2

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

I am William from the midwest US. I am in my early 30’s.

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

I have only in the last 3 years or so been prepping more seriously.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

Survival and preparedness is important to me because I refuse to be a victim and I will do whatever it takes for my family to survive and remain free. Survival/prep is interesting because I believe the true face of human nature is revealed in hardship and suffering. As is the character of an individual. I am not preparing for a specific thing. I do, however, believe some things are more likely than others. I feel an economic crash followed shortly by societal collapse is coming to the US. The country will take it particularly hard as we have become soft and complacent. this will make the first few months ugly, but the months after worse, as the survivors will be hardened and calloused to the shock of the collapse.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

Practice and stock up BEFORE trouble hits, if you wait until you need the training/supplies, you are too late.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

If I am with family I tell them I love them and to follow God. If I am surrounded by enemies I fight until my last breath. If I am lucky enough to have a hand grenade, I pull the pin and make sure when they check my body I go out with a bang.

...it is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of that siren till she transforms us into beasts...

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Oh Feral Hobbit – welcome to you herein Selco’s forum. Do not be afraid please to speak up – to share – your opinions/experiences/thoughts…. we are a welcoming crowd here.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome, pull up a chair and stay a while.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome to the community William!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

William welcome to the forum.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Good to have you aboard! Welcome to the forum!

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Hi William, welcome on board!

Survival/prep is interesting because I believe the true face of human nature is revealed in hardship and suffering. As is the character of an individual.

You are absolutely right. Going on a bit more stressful hiking trip that can be uncomfortable at times, can show what you and others in your group are made of. At least it can give you an idea how people might react when things get a bit tougher.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

William – welcome my friend! Glad you found us – there’s some good discussions here and some real subject matter experts from all over the world on here so feel at home and don’t be afraid to post your projects, gear reveiws, etc. or just chime in on how the topic ties in with your thoughts.

Take Care, K

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Profile photo of Glockerman
    Glockerman
    Survivalist
    member2

Welcome

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.