Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of prepwolf
    prepwolf
    Survivalist
    member2

Welcome! Please introduce yourself?

Real name will not be disclosed, you’ll know me as prepwolf. I’m 32 years old, male and I live in Scandinavia.

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

For me it started out with survival cans and camp fires due to a big interest in the outdoors. Hiking, mountainbiking, sailing, fishing, that kind of stuff. Combined with my opinions and views upon western society, media and politics (“the system”) it felt natural to take more steps then just sporting a good EDC. I started to take this very seriously a few years ago.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

I never felt I could trust the government, I think they can’t really run this place as it is and I would definately not trust them with my life in a SHTF-scenario. Maybe I don’t have what it takes when it actually happens, but being able not to trust the officials and think for yourself is probably the first step to at least give yourself a fair chance. The most likely SHTF-scenario over here is probably civil unrest and civil war like in Ukraine, most people here won’t understand that until it’s too late.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

Hard to say, but I try to combine it with living a pretty normal life. I think buying one more item or taking one more class a month is better then not preparing at all. Right now I’m on a pretty tight budget so I keep purchases to a minimum and try to focus on learning new stuff, reading and listening to interviews and excercise while I wait for the next opportunity to make some money (no, I don’t live within the system and I have no 9-5 job), I try to fly below the radar so to speak.

I live in a big city, and since I believe our SHTF-scenario to be violence in the streets my strategy is to get the heck out of there as soon as possible. I wouldn’t wanna stay for a year or even a month if I didn’t have to.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

None and too many, I can’t think of anything.

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

God Allmighty, please help the ones I’ll leave behind and forgive my sins!

"Certainly We have created man to struggle" - Qur'an 90:4

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Hello Prepwolf!

I share your opinion about government, it is simply not there for us.
    Welcome here!

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Prepwolf – nice to see another new view/country here on the forum – welcome!

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome, pull up a chair and stay a while.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Welcome to the fold!

We here in the US most definitely know what it means to distrust government, and rightly so!

Profile photo of prepwolf
    prepwolf
    Survivalist
    member2

Thanks guys, this seems to be a nice board. There’s alot of Swedish and Danish communitys about prepping, but the survivalist scene over here is different. Many Scandinavian preppers are cops or military and won’t accept any thoughts or discussions that involves not trusting the government or mainstream media. I think this attitude makes it very hard to discuss some very important topics, it’s like they are choosing not to see the reality even if they claim to prepare for it. There are a few good communitys though but it never hurts to get more views and thoughts from more people.

If you ever have any questions about Sweden or Denmark feel free to ask!

"Certainly We have created man to struggle" - Qur'an 90:4

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Welcome sir. Good to have ya here!

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome prepwolf.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

welcome

Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

Prepwolf – welcome aboard brother! I’m a bit behind in my welcome’s as I’ve been off the forum for a few weeks. We’re definitely eye to eye on the distrust of the gubmint – our damn bureaucracies are so big they don’t know what the hell they are doing most of the time! Glad to see that you’ve taken actions to protect yourself. Not sure about you, but I’ve got a family of five and I hope that I’m around to keep them safe for several more decades.

Glad to see you posting – keep it up! All ideas are good!

Semper Fi, K

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Profile photo of Glockerman
    Glockerman
    Survivalist
    member2

Welcome

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.