Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Jay,
    I think everyone needs prayer, so feel free to ask anytime!
    Jesus hung out with prostitutes, tax collectors (boo!), the crippled, the sick, adulturers, the mentally ill and demon possessed, liars, and thieves.
    Christ is enough for all of them, and enough for all of us.
    Ask for prayer anytime Jay, I’d love to pray for whatever you specifically need my friend!
    Hannah

Darin Prentice
    Darin Prentice
    Survivalist
    member4

30 years ago in my past in times of definitive moments, iv looked to the sky, and made my speech, make offerings of cedar bows and rose hips bundled in sweet grass, i ask that all my ancestors and fallen brothers and sisters grant me their audience… i speak true of my plight without greed, or want, and only ask of consideration, that they look upon me with favor.i feel my words as i speak, give my thanks and surrender all my wealth..i reach into my pockets and throw all currency away….
    i was baptized roman catholic, Dad was Protestant, the two familys dont mix well, i never understood the hate from some religions, even cultures… i just wanted to get along.so i went my own way, and follow it still within myself.
    i can see all you guys are good strong folks, someday id like to meet you all. i read these posts with great respect, so to everyone…thank you.

Prepare, Preserve, Protect...

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

i never understood the hate from some religions, even cultures…

I think Terror Management Theory is a quite interesting explanation for this. Here is another research paper that sums it up.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Jay,
    Thank you so much for sharing those! What a great read. Something I’d never heard of.
    Darin, I think people in general are predisposed to hate each other.
    Everyone wants what everyone else has. This is just heightened during SHTF. People are not good.
    Its religion, God, whatever you want to call it that gives us meaning and morals to live by and keeps us from turning into animals.
    The reward of an afterlife is what we have to look forward to so we behave, basically.
    However, for me, I just love a guy named Jesus who died 2000 years ago for me.
    I’m not that concerned with “oh I really just need to put on this front, wear my Sunday’s best, and pretend to be a great person so I can go to Heaven!” because I think that’s bullshit.
    I’m still pretty fucked up and that’s okay with me.
    I have an Intercessor who’s helping me change everyday, and for that I’m so grateful.
    It would be awesome to meet everyone here one day! Hopefully one day we can arrange some sort of meetup.
    Hannah

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Hannah I fully agree. Great attitude. I believe that we humans don’t know much and there is so much more to life that we can’t see and there are many ways to refer to it. Some people like Jesus and others have had some great insights and shared them. People liked what they heard and until this day it helps and inspires them to simply be good and do good. That’s great!

Unfortunately we are also facing something that might be called a “spiritual collapse”. The prominent value systems established by religions are replaced with consumerism and pop culture ideals in many western countries, while other religions become radicalized and ready to fight the non believers. Terror management theory is probably the best explanation for the holy war some people consider a good cause.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of Danie Theron
    Danie Theron
    Survivalist
    member3

Hannah, this is very nice of you to do. It is a move that shows leadership and I am impressed. Thank you.

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Jay: The spiritual collapse in general is pretty frightening because it leads to humans having no morals or fear or repercussions in any kind of afterlife. That definitely won’t be good when the SHTF.
    Danie: Thank you! No problem. I’m glad to do it.

BobbyD
    BobbyD
    Survivalist
    member6

We have a family acquaintance where the un married and pregnant 22 yr. old daughter is at the decision point, trying to decide whether to abort her child. She has already aborted one before.
    The father and his family are all putting pressure on her to go that route. Money is no problem on either side of this situation. Please pray that she will decide to give birth to this baby and make some deserving family happy with an adoption. We are also praying that somehow this girl can be Baptized.

Profile photo of Greywolf
    Greywolf
    Prepper
    rprepper

A member of my group Gonzo is in Great need of your prayers!!

This is what he had to say:

“I need prayer from prayer warriors….for 2 days I have been running 101 or 102 fever….massive joint pain….migraine….I have a viral infection and because of my cancer meds, it is wreaking havoc on my body….been home for two days…need to go to work tomorrow”.

Gonzo has been in remission for the last 8 months and this has crept up on him from no where. Please help us Pray for him that he gets through this and remains Cancer Free!

Thank You Everyone

Wolf Credo:
    Respect the elders, Teach the young, Cooperate with the pack
    Play when you can, Hunt when you must, Rest in between
    Share your affections, Voice your feelings, Leave your mark.

Profile photo of etxgranny
    etxgranny
    Survivalist
    member2
      Praying for Gonzo to remain cancer free and to feel better very soon..
    Profile photo of libbylindy
    libbylindy
    Survivalist
    member4

I will commit to pray for Gonzo. I know that God knows exactly what he needs, so I will pray for God’s very best in Gonzo’s life. Sometimes we have a hard time seeing reality and we need to pray to see things through the eyes of God Himself. So, to that end, I will pray that God will care for Gonzo as He will for every single child of His.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

I’ve got a request for prayer. Our schools in South Africa is under attack. They want to ban the Christian religion from 6 Afrikaans schools.There after make a new law through out the country. Children will not be allowed to pray, sing or read from Bible’s. Bibles or any books about Christianity will not be allowed in South African schools. Schools need to change their Name, logo’s and children are not allowed to say they believe in God.

I am very sad. We have a few days left to prepare for this high court case. We will fight for our children s freedom of religion.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Leopard as you wish it is done.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I’ll say a prayer for the children of SA. How sad that with all the problems facing SA that this is what they focus their efforts on.

Profile photo of etxgranny
    etxgranny
    Survivalist
    member2

Prayers for all children around the globe!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.