Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Hey everyone,
    I would love to pray for any of yall that need it!
    Feel free to post prayer requests here so we can pray for each other.
    “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” -James 5:16 NIV

vettom
    vettom
    Survivalist
    member2

Many thanks prayers and blessings to and for Hannah adding this to the forum.

Profile photo of libbylindy
    libbylindy
    Survivalist
    member4

Its good to know there is a prayer warrior around. Thanks for letting us know you will pray for our needs. That is wonderful. I will keep this in mind when I am looking for a prayer warrior. Right now, I think the biggest prayer request that I have, is that this country would come awake – open its eyes to the dangers it is facing – the real danger of turning from God and despising Him and spitting in His face. I shudder to think of what we are bringing on ourselves. My prayer is that God will hear the cries of His people here that still love Him and follow Him. Will you pray with me?

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

vettom: No problem! Glad to have you here.
    libblindy: Absolutely!
    Lord,
    I’d just like to lift up our country to Your throne of mercy and ask that You cover those of us who serve You faithfully with a hedge of Your protection from those who want Your plans to fail. Gracious Father, please open the eyes of those who despise You and reject Your word. I ask You, in all Your power, to give them salvation through Your son Jesus Christ, the name through which no other peace and power is found! I ask You to give us, Your disciples, opportunities to reach those who are lost and reject You and teach them about You and the great things You want for our lives. Lastly, Lord, I declare protection over these forums, so that the agendas of unseen enemies may not prosper against us.
    In Your son’s precious name,
    Amen!

libbylindy
    Survivalist
    member4

Thank you, Hannah. I echo your prayer.

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

As a person that has gone through my share of …hmm ok I can honestly say. I dont know what to call it. I was born a pentecostal child of god. When I hit my teens like many I walked away. I wouldn’t call my self religious, any more. I have had my children all baptised, but in all honestly haven’t returned to the church. When the fire took my son and the other two children, I went to the funerals, and buried them. I had just had surgery on my back, and spinal fusion to put me back together. I picked up my bible, and then threw it across the room. If anyone where to try to pick it up, I yelled at them. This went on for almost a week. When I did pick it up I cried, then screamed at the skies. I had that one sided screaming match. And yes you can imagine the not so nice things I said. I will admit I was extremely hateful.

From there with my lost hope, I bore a baby girl a year later. She is and will always be a blessing, but still my faith isn’t there. I went through the god if your not gonna help me zone, I’ll do it my self zone. I guess I am at that egde now I can give a silent prayer when it crosses my mind, and I pick up the bible once in a while now and flip through its pages. I guess really as far as a prayer to help I have no idea anymore as to what I am actually in need of in prayer. So here I am typing this one to the only people I can think of telling. I guess its just that time when its time to ask.

Not sure how to end this, so I’ll just say, thank you.

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

I love the idea of including others in prayers. Praying for others is a fantastic way to cultivate kindness and compassion. I was raised without religion because my parents thought I should decide for myself later on in life, even though around me everyone was Christian.

I think spirituality is important and whatever people believe, if it helps people to guide them through life, make them consider others more and care about people around them, it is good. Even though I’m a survivalist and I understand how little you can expect from the average Joe, I know kindness and compassion and other beneficial traits can be cultivated.

It is great to come across people who practice that in their everyday life. I try that too. Thank you for offering to include others into your prayers.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Dear Gypsy Wanderer, It sounds like you’ve been through a lot of pain in the past. You must be a very strong person to be able to pick up the pieces left and carry on. I pray you will find the strength to keep on picking up your Bible to find His love for you inside.

“Having a soft heart in a cruel world is courage, not weakness”

libbylindy
    Survivalist
    member4

Husky, I have never, ever been in your situation before. I can’t say how I would react, but I have been in crises of a different kind. I reacted in much the same way that you have.

My daddy was a preacher and I grew up in the church. I knew all the lingo and right ways to think and behave. As an older teenager and adult, I walked away from all that. I was angry and I didn’t want to continue on in religion. As an adult, I gradually came back. Then a major crisis happened that knocked me flat on my back. I just about had a complete breakdown. I couldn’t think or feel anything but anger, anger, anger. I railed at God because I thought that He, in His great wisdom and power, could have prevented this from happening to me. Why didn’t He? Didn’t He care a thing about me? I cried, I ranted, and cursed. How dare He do this to me? If this is what a loving God does, then I want NOTHING to do with Him!

Years later, I finally was able to put aside my desperate anger and realize that bad things can happen to good people. God doesn’t interfere in all our lives to the extent of taking away all the bad, just because we are His followers. He will, though, help us through it and keep our head above the waters so we don’t drown in our sorrows – if we ask Him to do that. I didn’t ask. I was angry beyond belief at God. Finally, I got tired of living in the dungeon of despair and asked God to show me the way back. I was tired of letting my circumstances rule my life and emotions. When I asked for help from Him, He was faithful and showed me the love that I was lacking within myself. I asked Him to give me God-eyes to see what His perspective was. He lead me to do a Bible study with my sister-in-law on the book of James. It was an eye opener. It did give me perspective. I did have to come to the study with an open mind and heart, though. I didn’t go into it with the idea of proving my point of view, but learning God’s point of view.

I don’t think it is wrong to go through the grieving process when bad things happen. That is natural, and part of grieving is anger. There comes a time, though, when it is to our own best interest to move beyond the grief and open up our hearts once again and perhaps look for the WHY’s of it all. Sometimes we will be shown the why’s; other times we have to just take it on faith, that God is in control – only if we allow Him to be in control. He doesn’t force His will on us.

Today I am a stronger person – a stronger Christian – because of my trials. I have learned from them and hope they never happen to me again. However, if it were to happen, I only pray that God has grown me enough to stand better in the face of adversity.

That is my story. I will pray that God will give you rest and comfort, and that mostly He will lead you gently to His loving arms and let you cry there. He is a good God and worth returning back to Him. I am praying for you. I can hear that there is still a lot of deep feelings of grief within you. I haven’t been in your shoes, but I empathize with you. God bless you, my sister.

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Gracious Father,
    Today I lift up Gypsy to You and ask that You lay peace over her. Lord, she is hurting and has lost her children. You know how she feels, You lost Your Son too. I ask that you begin to remove the lies she may have been taught as a child by elders that had agendas not from You and remove the lies whispered to her by our enemy satan. Precious Jesus, show her that she is one of Your beautiful children and begin renewing her faith in You by gently comforting her throughout all times of her day and night. Lastly, Father, I declare Your protection over her family and her beautiful baby daughter.
    In Your name I pray,
    Amen!

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Jay,
    I pray for you and Selco very often.
    Don’t forget to post your own prayer requests here, Jay!
    Our leaders need prayer too! ;)
    Hannah

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

libbylindy,
    Thank you so much for sharing your story!
    What a great testimony, and so encouraging.
    We live in a fallen world, and as such bad things will always happen to good people. But, we have a Savior to put our hope in. Thanks again!
    Hannah

libbylindy
    Survivalist
    member4

There is something else I would like to mention here, Husky. If the SHTF, as it well may within our lifetime, the pain and hurt we have been through, dealing with painful situations, will only serve us well. We have experience in that pain. As bad as our experiences are, I shudder to think how bad they can get if our society collapses. We always need God, but we will really, really need Him at that time. Now is a good time to make things right and begin to work toward a stronger you – and me. That is where my focus is at this time. It isn’t just about food and ammunition and bugging out; it is about being ready inside as well as outside of ourselves.
    libbylindy

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

People often wonder if there is a God how can he allow pain and suffering in the world and in people’s lives. If God is so powerful how can he allow these things to happen? Maybe he isn’t powerful, or maybe he’s mean.

There is an answer to why there is pain and suffering, but I don’t want to go into that here because from me it might sound trite.

I will say that the Bible does show God as a loving god, who loves the people he created, and has done what is necessary to reconcile people to himself; that is why Jesus Christ came and died, because the debt had to be paid. He would not have done that, and God wouldn’t have caused his sacrifice to happen, if he didn’t love people unconditionally.

We who follow Christ are to be like him, and that is to be kind and loving, to care about people in need and distress, to look after the poor, the widows and orphans, to make life better for the suffering. To look at truly born-again people who are like that is to see what God is like.

This is a hope to be held close for those who would have it.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

@Hannah, this is really nice. Thank you very much. I feel pretty honored to be included in your prayers. I don’t know if its ok to ask for it because I do not pray myself. I wish good comes to good people and sometimes have some quiet time when I wish some people that they find the strength and tools to overcome the difficulties that they face.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.