Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I was at the local muscle head / health supplement store the other day , and I saw several jars of powdered peanut butter , all you do is add water …………that got my prepper mind going real fast ! if the nutritional content is basically the same , it might be something I would try …………..has anybody tried powdered peanut butter ?

anika
    anika
    Survivalist
    rreallife

I have the P2B. It’s okay. It is only 45 cals for 2 T (reconstituted with 2 T. water), whereas normal p.b. is around 190, so for your stores, it’s not as nutritionally good. This may not be the only kind, though.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

How does it taste ?

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I like the Whey protein powder drinks. They store well and protein is needed.

Profile photo of skidmark
    skidmark
    Survivalist
    member2

Most of the nutrition in PB is calories from fats, which are taken out in order to preseerrve it in powdered form. It is good for adding flavor to stuff, or you can add fat (liquid vegetable oils are easier than rendered fats) to bring back the full (or close to it) nutritional value.

Most of the long-term storage foods web sites have butritional values and recipies for most of their products. It’s a good way to figure out if you want, for instance, to go with powdered butter or canned butter.

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

Does anyone know the shelf life of powdered peanut butter compared to the PB in jars?

Off topic, but some people sadly react physiologically to peanuts. I wonder if cashew spread might be a viable alternative for such people.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

anika
    anika
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Tolik, it’s not bad. A little runny but you could use less water. It tastes like low-sugar peanut butter, but (as I said), not with the “mouth feel” thickness of the real stuff.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.