Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Ran across this today. Know nothing about the group.
    Robin

Post Disaster Escape and Evasion Part 1 – The Decision and Bugout

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

This is a topic well worth a long discussion. Whether or not any thing from these guys is included. Escape and evasion should be well thought out.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

I would love to see how they show (teach) some things.

Some topics looks good there, it is hard to create real atmosphere of fear and uncertainty, and that can change and influence a lot.

That is the problem with most of the classes and training like this, of course that does not mean that there is no other things to learn there.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

This is a topic that should be started here. If any of the members have some information on escape and evasion please post.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

These are my thoughts on the subject. A successful escape should be planned, defining a path or route to take. The route must be secured with adequate resources to prevent entrapment/flanking from opposing force at the event area or in route retreating. The security force might require most of your personnel.

Otherwise you are just ducking and running. Devices to create a separation of forces should be considered. What type and placement and triggering should be planned.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

This link will take you to a Wiki definition of SERE.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survival,_Evasion,_Resistance_and_Escape

You must graduate from the school to be eligible for Air Crew and certain special jobs.
    A similar course would be no problem to develop but it all comes down to Instructors. Various topics
    are covered in the course but the knowledge of the Instructors actually is the backbone of everything.
    One such Instructor I will just call “Chief.” Had hearts tattooed between his thumb and first finger on
    each hand. Had a star tattooed on the back of each ear lope. His favorite way of getting your attention
    was to walk up behind you and smack you on the back of the head. Of course he was wearing this huge
    Navy ring when he did that! He would also make you hold hands and skip. He did get his point across!
    After classroom instruction was complete you were taken out in the boonies and dropped off. You had
    to make it back on your own!
    Robin

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Looks awesome. Too bad I’m all the way up in NY!

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

two biggest things in evasion is to be able to avoid dogs only a few ways to do that. using pepper oil around your feet and ankles messes up scent, knowing what ground to use to hide your tracks and how to make a false trail. gong over rocky ground where you can hop from rock to rock is a very hard place to track you will make group circle the whole rocky region for trails burning up time giving you more. Water works but leaves you wet and can be easy place to have an ankle give out. Getting on to transport is a super high priority much harder when chase involves vehicle ie trains, long haul truck,

escape, depends on situation best things are the things you have on you before the confinement, there are

http://www.unfinishedman.com/paracord-bracelet-with-hidden-plastic-handcuff-key/

there are also ceramic and non metal thin blades that can be taped to the body using flesh colored tape too.

escape is about mind set and endurance best chances are at very start longer they have you more secure the facility will be farther from your help. There are other things you can do to learn to mentally toughen yourself, but never delude yourself you can withstand all out “information gathering techniques”

and well cardio Cardio CARDIO no run no escape.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Some of the comments about escape are framed in a classic military concept. While I believe that is a possible situation I’m considering other scenarios that I think will present themselves. I think everyone should have a well developed escape plan for anywhere they are staying or if they are going out to forage for supplies etc.

Profile photo of Ghost Prime
    Ghost Prime
    Survivalist
    member6

Robin, a military SERE course is much more intense. First off, the trainers come after you while you are trying to get to a safe base. If they catch you they go through what Ovomit and his liberal nut cases would call torture. Women are made to strip naked and are hounded and humiliated. The real training is no picnic which I know as my son endured it while training with MARSOC.

It may be that the course you describe is valuable, though it sounds like a watered down version of the real thing. Still, it could be helpful, at least without the ring bashing as that is amateurish. The evasion part is key since the enemy will be after a target relentlessly.

For God, Family, Country, & Liberty!

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

A buddy of mine was in the Sea-Bees. He signed up for any training he could get, above and beyond his specialty. He did the SERE training that they offered. Said he was locked up in what he called a “dog house” and the former D.I. who was then doing the SERE training was taunting him while he stood outside his locked door, smoking a cigarette. He said it was that moment that he kicked the door off the hinges, breaking the sarge’s arm in the process! He ran and ran some more, and finally found a way back to base that was not the capture team. He said the sarge repected him after that. Go Figure lol!

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

We’re planning a backpacking E&E to NZ in the fall and staying there for the summer. Its called living rough. But its really a bo to get away from it all. I’m sure we can find some courses to take. Spend a lot of time outdoors. toughen up. Get healthy. Enjoy nature. We’ve been there before for a month and camped. Longer this time with more post crunch and outback orientation. Cardio … improvising … survival.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Sounds like quite the adventure. Hopefully you’ll be able to post updates while you are there.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

yup MtB, a real test of the electronics this time. But considering Selco is based in Thailand – maybe not so much.

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Awesome Brulen! We’re into similar adventures and enjoy outdoors immensely. Spent weeks camping in Alaskan bush last year. Hone outdoor skills and have lots of fun. Came out of the experience a bit leaner, tenacious, and with big smile. God Speed!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.