Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

That they seem to have some differences in what they say they agreed to is not a good sign. Maybe Putin got what he wanted……Crimea, and a Russian-friendly Eastern Ukraine?

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I saw the interview with the LPR and DPR prime ministers . They are hopeful but distrusting . If its going to work , BOTH sides need to clamp down on their troops , and punish violations with severity ( possible firing squad ) …..its that important if they are serious . I also think it came about because the Ukers are not dealing in a position of strength , they keep being humiliated on the battlefield , then there is the ” pocket ” that has 7000 UAF troops cut off and surrounded . Be interseting to see how it plays out , but the Ukraine government is pretty dirty , it has been filmed several times , UAF combat troops using ambulances and other red cross marked vehicles to safely move to the front line , a violation of the Geneva convention and international law .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik, I hope it works out. If it does it shows you how smart Putin is, like I said before he does circles around O.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

According to a press conference from DPR prime minister Kazharchenko , representatives from Russia , France , and Germany were at the signing . Conspicuously absent : any representative from the United States . It was implied that those nations could act as guarantors of any agreement reached by the waring parties . The agreement as far as has been told , is a cease fire in order to discuss and negotiate the situation as a whole . Cease fires of the past have been a joke , violated by one side or another , I think the attrition and seriousness of the war has started to kick in , and asking other countries into the discussion is a sign of that . Makes sense , Russia for the DPR/LPR , France and Germany for Ukraine .

That is not the interview , but rather interesting comments about how they view the American people vs the American Government .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

That is interesting, this cease fire may last more then a day.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

The NAF just located and blew up the ammo dump of the 7000 Trapped and surrounded Ukrainian army pocket . With the cease fire coming up this Sunday , there are going to be some very worried , and very hungry Ukers . The NAF now controls the only supply road going into the pocket , they are dug in and have repulsed attempts of the pocket to break out , and attempts from the outside to break through . Expect massive fighting to be going on in this area tomorrow .

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Tolik, it would be interesting to be a fly on the wall in that battle, or should I say a low flying drone. observing the action. If no help comes surrender terms will have to be worked out or refused. The Russians won’t want to make the 7000 into a casus belli to get Nato involved. Starve them out, that works if all else fails. Nobody (except the devil) wants a little Stalingrad. That huge explosion was the ammo dump? Wow. Game over.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Brulen ,
    The Ukers are like the Nazi’s , they are in a hostile land , with a hostile population . The civilians see what the Ukers are doing in their towns , and they get the information to the NAF when they can . Ammo dump located ……ammo dump shelled . Also , both sides are using the little commercially available , like the ones we can go out and buy , 4 prop drones to help in recon . They are proving pretty effective . They are not that easy to shoot down at altitude because they are so small , but not hard to replace if they do get hit . These things are pretty cool , there are a few guys that do mine and route 66 exploration , that use these to scout and plan a path for their 4wd vehicles . Saves them a lot of frustration .

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Tolik wrote:</div>Brulen ,<br>
    The Ukers are like the Nazi’s , they are in a hostile land , with a hostile population . The civilians see what the Ukers are doing in their towns , and they get the information to the NAF when they can . .

So all Ukranian’s are like Nazi’s?
    Since they’re all Ukranian’s with the exception of the commie invaders that would hold true to your statement.

Or are you speaking of one particular group of Ukranian’s, those not trying to overthrow the government for example?

That’s kind of a broad paintbrush you’re using.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

The Nazi term is appropriate , the Novorossians have declared independence and are fighting to maintain it , the Germans invaded countries that did not want them there , and helped the resistance and allies with information . The Ukrainians are seen as invaders by the people of those regions , the Ukers are not welcome there , and are indeed looked at by the population as Nazis , even by name , and sense the Kiev government has card carrying neo-nazi’s within their ranks ………..I wonder where they are getting that idea ? . They are all Ukrainians , yes and no , The US and CS were all ” Americans ” also , but they are not the same people , the CS declared independence also and fought for it , to many “Americans ” in the south , to this day , the word Yankee is the same as the word Nazi . And as far as overthrowing the government goes , how do you think the Kiev government got to power ? they did it by force of arms . The Novo’s just dont want to be a part of it anymore .
    This is a new press conference about the Minsk agreement , the perspective of the “rebels ” , there are always two sides to a situation , but this should give us an idea of how and why they are doing what they are . Like any politics you have to take with a grain of salt , but here it is .

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

The comparison would not be appropriate, as the Nazis were invaders much like the russians are.

Regardless your love of the russians and obvious hatred of the Ukrainians, it doesn’t make what is happening right.

It would be like all the mexicans in Arizona declaring Aztlan theirs and taking up arms. But I think they are doing just that, one convenience store at a time.

And to many yankees, the confederates were and are just a bunch of sore losers, much the same as the Palestinians in the west bank.

The Kiev .gov is the legitimate and legal government, recognized as such.

Russia’s just got its panties in a bunch with no buffer to speak of any more from NATO countries. They’re surrounded and want all of those cold war possessions back for sales of goods, that buffer from the west and cheap goods to buy from those controlled lands.
    Here’s a thought, how much is commie Russia hurting lately with the cheap oil?
    It being a chief export to much of the old eastern bloc countries, without the stranglehold of communism, how much money are they losing every day? No wonder they are trying to regain what they’ve lost.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Tolik, as they say, a rose by any other name…… Not to get us off track but in rural New England to be called a Yankee is a very high compliment. To the rest of the world, all Americans are Yanks. In the US, it’s the Northerners. In the North its the New Englanders. In New England, it is the very sharp, frugal, & hard working rural guy/gal, usually an older person with lots of country wisdom.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

MountainBiker
    I used to live in Maine , and am going back soon , They are indeed honest , hard working people , the point has as usual been not understood by some people . Then results in personal attacks when the point on the subject is contrary to their opinions . Like stated , there are two sides to every story , I was presenting one side of it from their point of view . The other side is well represented in our media . The other point about the civil war was and is , that to this day , the term does not have the same meaning depending on what part of the country you live in , yet we are still all Americans , but yet still very great differences within that country . At what time did I say I ever hated the Ukrainians ? I didnt . I do support any people wanting their independence from the motherland if they feel they are being oppressed, regardless of politics . We did the same thing in the 1700’s lest we forget . We did try diplomacy , until it was clear that the only way was to fight .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.