Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Here is avideo of the best parts of the debate.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

GS , I dont see that you are wrong at all , the whole system is a rotten tomato . I cant stand either one of the parties . Both are full of $hit . Both are to blame for the condition this country is in , both are to blame for the destruction of the US Constitution , both are to blame for the problems we have to deal with . America and Americans dont know who we are anymore . So we keep looking for a bogey man to try to keep what unity we have left , so Humpty Dumpty doesnt fall off the wall …………….it isnt going to work . Both perpetuate the same tired propaganda . Good luck to us all , Try to keep safe your little corner of the world , because in the end , thats all we can do .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I agree with GS. It’s wrong to put these debates in paid TV channels.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Freedom – very nice gesture on your part, and sincerely appreciated. But I won’t watch it. The debates are largely a joke/dog&pony show anyway, but if I was going to watch it, I’d want to watch ALL of it, not the media’s chosen selctions. Occasionally a remark will be made by a candidate that I will consider significant (either positive or negative), and I’ll file that away in my (+) or (-) file for that candidate (or sometimes my (Ø) file). I’m really close to wanting to decide that I simply will not participate in the corrupt system by voting – period. But anything can happen right up to the last minute, so I won’t commit myself. And I might have to “vote” to hopefully help forestall the final takeover by Hillary. Her absolute lie to Rand Paul back shortly after returning to society with her wizard glasses, claiming she had never even HEARD of any talk of weapons and Benghazi, would be justification enough for any clear thinking person to vote that piece of slime off the face of the earth, if possible – and certainly keep her from ever entering the White House again in any capacity. Plus, I’ve spoken to some who’ve personally experienced her, very up close, and very personal, who KNOW how she behaves when the cameras aren’t rolling, and particularly around uniformed military members. She makes Michelle Obama look downright patriotic! Thus, I’m leaving my options open. But I’m not interested in edited (and therefore potentially propaganda) excerpts from debates to help shape my opinions. If I can’t see it all and use my own brain to evaluate it, I ain’t gonna watch. Again, sincere thanks for the effort to post that, however – I understand your helpful and positive intent.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

GS, I to see only one way this time around and that is to vote for which ever is the Republican, I do not want Hillary to win. Does not mean that the Republican will be a great leader but a Republican will be a lot better then Hillary.

I think we all should vote this time. A Republican will buy us some time but will not save us from all the problems we have.

I have my favorite, Ted Cruz because he believes so much in the constitution but I do not think the GOP will back him because of that reason. Rubio wants to give the illegals the right to stay and I am not for that, a crime is a crime. All have to come to America legally so Trump and Cruz are the only ones on that side. Even though Rubio is seen like the one more electable by the GOP he has that problem for me.

Also Cruz wants to end the IRS and four other government agencies. That is great. The smaller the Federal government the better.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Cruz is far too confrontational, and does not have the demeanor to work with the more moderate Democrats, or even members of his own party who might happen to at least share SOME areas of common interest. And Cruz can want to end the IRS all he wants. But he’d still be stuck with the FACT that the Constitution was amended in 1913 to add the income tax as THE method of tax collection (16th Amendment), and also eliminate states’ voices in the separation of powers by making statewide elections the method of choosing US Senators (17th Amendment). So take away the IRS, create another form of tax collection (who’d administer it anyway???) and Congress could just still go with the 16th Amendment to add income tax back on top of it all later on, since it would take another constitutional amendment to repeal the 16th. Add in the creation of the Federal Reserve in that same year, and we’ve been on life support machinery now for the last 102 years – and only us nut cases with the tinfoil hats knew anything about it. Cruz talks big, but he would have no power to do what he claims he would do, and he doesn’t have the people-skills to build consensus. He’d be a veto-only president, and that would only stop MORE new legislation, since he can’t retroactively veto anything. Oh – do away with a few federal agencies? Heck, Reagan even promised that, particularly with the Department of Education – and you see how far even he got. Nope – with all due respect, I don’t think Cruz is my man at all.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

GS, I do not think that Cruz said he was going to end income tax. His tax plan is a flat tax but you do not need an IRS to collect this flat tax. A flat tax on your income is an income tax and there is no changes on any Amendments of the constitution. I think many are for the flat tax on income.

So then what is your man?

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Profile photo of freedom freedom.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Freedom, I misunderstood his position with the doing away with the IRS. Though I developed serious (as in absolute “no-go”) issues with Alan Keyes back when he ran over a decade ago, I did like his tax plan very much – and it would have done away with the IRS because it was a consumption tax, not a flat tax. His version was VERY different from the “Fair Tax” promoted by former congressman John Linder and Neil Boortz (radio talk show host at the time). I thought the “Fair Tax” was a bad idea (and still do), and I also think a flat tax is a poor idea.

My candidate? He’s done running for anything ever again. At most, I’ll only be enthusiastic about one thing, and that’s defeating somebody, not electing somebody, given the choices. But come primary time in my state, Cruz (if he’s still running), most definitely will not be my pick if I go with a Republican ballot. In my state, primaries are open, and we can vote whatever primary ballot we choose. In another election, we can vote another party’s ballot. We don’t register by party any longer (thank goodness!). I’ve voted for the least objectionable Democrat a number of times in the primary, then turned around and voted to defeat whichever Democrat was on the ballot in the general election, sometimes choosing a 3rd party candidate on principle, even knowing they would not win. If everybody votes based on who the media TELL us can or can’t win, no one will “waste” their vote on a 3rd party candidate. I refuse to play that game. If I feel strongly enough, I’ll add numbers to the 3rd party, in hopes that people will start to notice the upswing in support, and a few elections down the road, in theory, the 3rd party begins to attract more voters that believe they’ve got a chance of their votes counting even with it being a 3rd party.

Nothing will change as long as we all accept nothing but Demoblicans. George Washington (and others) saw what that would lead to – and they were right. Of course, the Demoblicans all conspired to create rules that virtually prohibit 3rd parties from even being able to qualify to be on ballots, and then the media seals the deal by their propaganda to entirely marginalize any 3rd party candidates.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

GS, The consumption tax is a problem since if they were to change taxes to consumption then in the future someone else will come and add income tax again and we will be taxed every way we move.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

if they were to change taxes to consumption then in the future someone else will come and add income tax again and we will be taxed every way we move.

Freedom, I am fully aware of that. I already brought up that exact idea in post #45112, just a little up this same page.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

THen it gets like Canada , tax on tax .

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

“we will be taxed every way we move”
    We are now aren’t we?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Tax his cow, tax his goat,
    Tax his pants, tax his coat,
    Tax his crops, tax his work,
    Tax his ties, tax his shirt.

Tax his tractor, tax his mule,
    Teach him taxes are a rule,
    Tax his oil, tax his gas,
    Tax his notes, tax his cash;

Tax him good and let him know,
    After his taxes he has no dough.

If he hollers, tax him more;
    Tax him ’til he’s good and sore.
    Tax his coffin, tax his grave,
    Tax the sod in which he lays.

Put these words upon his tomb:
    “Taxes drove me to my doom.”
    And after he’s gone, he can’t relax;
    They’ll soon be after his Inheritance Tax!

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Let me tell you how it will be
    There’s one for you, nineteen for me
    Cos I’m the taxman, yeah, I’m the taxman
    Should five per cent appear too small
    Be thankful I don’t take it all
    Cos I’m the taxman, yeah I’m the taxman
    If you drive a car, I’ll tax the street
    If you try to sit, I’ll tax your seat
    If you get too cold I’ll tax the heat
    If you take a walk, I’ll tax your feet
    Taxman!
    Cos I’m the taxman, yeah I’m the taxman
    Don’t ask me what I want it for (Aahh Mr. Wilson)
    If you don’t want to pay some more (Aahh Mr. Heath)
    Now my advice for those who die
    Declare the pennies on your eyes
    And you’re working for no one but me
    Taxman!

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Love the tax poetry, are those actual songs or of your own creation??

Carson all the way. He’s horrible in debates, but LISTEN to his speeches!! I think he’s our last chance from on high to be honest.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.