Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I’ll start this with the current Ben Carson controversy. “In other words, while it would have been smarter for Carson to point out that they offered him what they offered every other West Point-student, he didn’t lie. Yet, that’s exactly what Politico accused him of. What’s worse, the liberal hacks writing for that site even said his campaign admitted he fabricated the story – which he clearly did not. They also said that he never applied to West Point – which is something he never said. In fact, he wrote the opposite: he thought about applying, but eventually decided against it.”

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2015/11/07/conservatives-need-to-rally-around-ben-carson/#undefined

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Interestingly, I did a bit of internet research and found that some people believe that at least some of the pyramids WERE in fact for grain storage (just not the Great Pyramids). Clearly, this is all part of a campaign to hurt Carson, just like the West Point story. I get that. I’m just not at all concerned about his personal beliefs about what happened millenia ago, particularly as they relate to his religious faith. I don’t happen to subscribe to some Seventh Day Adventist doctrine, but I happen to have a great deal of respect for those people. When we used to live in California, we would occasionally drive to a Seventh Day Adventist market in Loma Linda, CA because of some of the unique food they had there. And though it wasn’t open on Saturdays, of course, we drove through Loma Linda (a specifically Seventh Day Adventist community) a handful of times on Saturdays. We were always struck with how very nicely kept the yards and homes were, and how they really did believe in keeping the Sabbath. We never saw anyone out mowing their lawns, washing their cars, playing games, etc., on that one day. I have great respect for sincere people that live what they claim to believe. And if Carson is willing to live the dictates of his faith, this nation would be led in a direction we’ve strayed from massively – almost unrecognizably. Unless he tries to force me to change the day I recognize as the Sabbath, or stop eating meat altogether, I couldn’t care less about his chosen religion, except to the extent that I know enough about it to know it teaches Christ-like love for fellow human beings, and it doesn’t rule out personal or national defense.

What does bother me – and I saw him address it directly yesterday – is the statement in the book that he was offered a full scholarship to “Hudson High.” The word “scholarship” isn’t an issue. Some may view a free education as a scholarship. But General Westmoreland didn’t have the authority to offer him any such thing, and I don’t believe Carson, at the time he wrote his book, was that naive or ill-informed. A major gaffe? In the current political scheme of things, hardly. But it did take a little bit of an edge off my view of him, because it was a claim to make himself look good, that was not accurate. I’m looking for the perfect person to be President, recognizing s/he ain’t gonna appear! But I need for the person I vote for to be as honest as possible, so I can trust his or her decisions to be made with at least the most honest of intentions. Now that little seed of caution is there for Carson. I wish it wasn’t. I still think he’s far above all the others – and I do mean all the others – in what I DO know about him thus far with regard to honesty and integrity. But now I don’t feel quite as comfortable believing what he tells me. I regret having to be in that position. (And no, I’m not surprised, either. The kinds of people that run for major political office either are already corrupt, or quickly have to at least seriously wrestle with it.)

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

74 the top four will go throw all of the left wing media stuff for a long time. Trump, Carson, Cruz and Rubio are all being hit in the last four weeks.

I believe Clinton will be hit be the FBI soon, so get the popcorn ready. The show is just starting.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

freedom, hope springs eternal as they say, but no way will Hillary be charged with anything. She is above the law, and like J.Edgar Hoover likely has enough dirt on certain others to make her untouchable.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

MountainBiker, I hope you are wrong on this, she is a criminal and the FBI needs to be the ones that put the laws first. For a long time the FBI where the untouchables.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

The FBI is obviously compromised, look no farther then Lois Lerner and the IRS. I have a concern that the vote counting method is compromised as well. If it wasn’t she would have bowed out. Only a zealot would vote for her now.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

74, Here in South Beach were there is a large population of Jews they are not all for her. Braman the billionare car dealer has given $10 million to Rubio and he is a Jew. I am seeing a turnaround because O supports ISIS and the Iran deal.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Free,
    I used zealot in a general sense nothing to do with the historical sect. Zealot = fananic.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I’m not that optimistic , I dont see any serious contenders on the Dems side . The Reps ? Paul has some good ideas , but he is a wimp , he doesnt have the charisma or the ability to get down and dirty , with the key word DIRTY . Trump ? time will tell , if he follows his pattern , he comes in early , making a lot of noise ……..just to drop out when the going gets rough . Cruz ? possibly , he can be aggressive , and I think he would fight fire with fire . Carson ? I dont think he will make it , wait and see . Bush ? crap not another one , that family needs to go away , all were rotten , He appeals to few nation wide . The Reps tend to pick real loosers , almost like they dont want to win . McCain ? Romney ? seriouly dudes !!!!!???? Obama got in because Bush was by that time hated , and everybody knew McCain would be just more of the same , in effect , Bushes 3rd term . Obama got in the 2nd time because Romney had nothing to offer and was easily preyed upon , he didnt have the meanness needed to strike back full force at his opponent . Unfortunately , mud slinging and brawling are part of the game , and that leaves us with Trump and Cruz , I dont know anything about Rubio . If they pick Bush , they will loose , you need a brawler to unseat Clinton , because she will use every dirty trick in the book . The Dems bussed in voters last time , why are the Reps NOT doing the same thing ? THis is what I’m talking about , you want to win ………or you dont . Whoever wins ………..we the people loose . Lesser of two evils ? probably this time around as well .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

74, OK didn’t understand.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik, I like Trump/Cruz, to me that would work.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

I watched Cruz live on the floor of the Senate the other day. He was berating (personally, not just the issue being “discussed”) a Democrat member of the Senate. She requested time to respond, and frankly did so quite appropriately, including providing ways forward to discuss certain areas of difference toward resolution. Cruz came back at her in his usual sarcastic, angry tone, paying brief lip service to her measured response, and then proceeded to attack her all over again with clear animosity and unwillingness to start with the common ground she had pointed out and expressed a desire to work with. I remarked to my wife that what we had just witnessed is typical of Cruz, and why he has no business being President – he ONLY knows how to stick to his position, angrily, and insist not only that things be done his way, but minimizes or even discounts any reasonable effort on the part of anyone that isn’t part of HIS corner of the Republican Party. The IS no negotiation. It’s his way from the very start, or nothing; forget about any possible other ideas he hadn’t thought about that might even enhance some solution.

Trump? No comment – it would be fruitless/worthless/pointless.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

I was part of the movement that guilt-tripped Carson unto running. We sent him dozens of petitions with thousands of signatures.

I am still behind him. Though, we need to open his eyes to the TPP deal which he lukewarmly supports.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Its too bad Paul is so low T , he might be a decent leader if he had a pair ………….alas , he does not . He would be a mouse in the middle of a cat shelter , when dealing with leaders like Putin .
    I do have to agree on the comment about Cruz , but it would be entertaining to see a Cruz vs Clinton fight .

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Fair disclosure: Rant ahead.

So. We have a presidential election coming up in the US. And the Republican National Committee, representing THE Party itself in the person of that corrupt piece of posterior ejectus, Reince Priebus, collaborates with Fox News to parade out all the candidates for the American people to evaluate. Except that the majority of Americans can’t watch it! And they put it on a cable network that is not available to probably the vast majority of people. We get more than basic cable at our home, but do not choose to subscribe to some of the higher level of premium options, so we don’t get the Fox Business Network channel. Obviously, a lot of other people don’t either, because Fox News regularly “reminds” people to call their cable channels and tell them they want to receive Fox Business Network, not just basic Fox News. They would not do that if they were available to the majority of households on cable TV. And what of those that don’t even have cable TV? How do people get to evaluate the candidates directly (not that most bother – but what about the freedom to choose – or not choose – to do so?).

So – what if they gave an election, and the voters didn’t even know what the candidates were all about, except through the filters of the talking heads on the “news” channels? The opinions, as skewed as they are anyway, are then literally controlled by the media, the polls are largely constructed and “interpreted” by the media, the non-favored candidates start dropping out because they can’t raise enough money to be seen directly by the people, and we’re down to the primaries in just a couple more months, with the “final few,” as carefully selected by the “news” media. “OH! But the PEOPLE are behind the poll numbers!!!” Yeah, based on what? The media’s second-handedly crafted sham debates that were largely hidden from the voters themselves? Only the chosen few will even survive until the primaries, the voters then select the “winners” as determined by the media propaganda, and we’re off and running with another pre-selected outcome and another four years of more of the same (devolution as a nation and society).

Tell me where I’ve got any piece of that wrong. Please! Because I hope I AM wrong. The cognitive dissonance is playing havoc with my brain. This just can’t be happening in the land of the free and home of the brave, living under an inspired Constitution. Right? Right???? (Darn, those crickets….!)

My tall rubber boots aren’t high enough to get through this level of Bravo Sierra. Plus the methane levels are toxic anyway.

(Someone once told me that it’s better to be pissed off than pissed on. But they didn’t tell me how to handle both at the same time – at least not without being put behind bars for the rest of my life.)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.