Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of benjammin
    benjammin
    Survivalist
    member2

Seems like we had such high hopes that things might be different this time around. Alas, in such short time after the election, we find the politics as usual quagmire has settled in just like always. Threats of war, corruption, scandal, spin, spin, spin…

The more things change, the more they stay the same. How unfortunate. Eventually this merry go round will break. Until then, it’s just ss,dd.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I think that Trump is in all of there way. The old guard wants him out because he wants to change things and they do not.The two parties are corrupt.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Would you rather have had Hillary ? Just sayin .

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Trump tries to stand in the way of TPTB continuing and completing our enslavement. Problem is, he doesn’t seem to understand how deep his opposition is. He.seems to regard his stated aims as simply a businesslike punch list of practical things to check off, one at a time, rather than a complete program of interrelated (and often mutually dependent) political goals.

He was elected by people who were tired of the way they, their culture, and the laws that supported, and guaranteed their rights are being eroded and undermined at an increasing pace. But he’s chosen to take at least some of his guiding advice from people who have vastly different political aims than he has (if in fact, he truly thinks of them as political) probably because he knows they understand the world of politics better than himself. This apparently includes members of his own family, who, while they may wish him well personally, disagree with him politically nearly as much as his openly avowed enemies in media and CONgress, but may lack the honesty to tell him so.

I don’t think he yet comprehends how, longstanding, organized, and incestuous his opposition is. For all its intrigue, the business world is rarely as cabalistic, and spins, if not on a dime, at least reliably on a dollar. Not necessarily so, is the political world, filled with ancient inherited hatreds, and intergenerational dreams of ever more power, in which, if it could somehow be achieved, even enough would not be enough.

Trump can keep his office by going along to get along, or be bucked at every turn by his own sandbagging party (who now get to blame every delay on Democrats.) Either way, by abandoning his stated aims, or by being stymied, he’ll disappoint enough of his erstwhile supporters to lose the next election.

The late Lee Rodgers often said, “Don’t ever fall in love with a politician — they’ll only break your heart,” and that the only way to look at one was … down.

Cry, "Treason!"

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of L Tecolote L Tecolote.
    Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Nobody promised you a rose garden. But people like Comey lie and weasel to get themselves into top positions. He was as much a cog in the democrat machine as Lynch. Seeing all this stuff happening is like watching the democrats burn the country down to prove they were right. In the end they only prove how corrupt they are and would have been if Trump hadn’t been elected. It’s really getting tiresome watching the tv media robots say the same stupid things over and over again. Forget repeat forget repeat…. Alzheimer’s hysteria. They’re caught in a repetitive loop of meaningless blather, an End of the World derangement syndrome with a heavy dose of Russia paranoia. Political spin beyond reason. CW2 is getting hotter by the hour. Violence and drugs galore. Much more deadly than usual I’d say.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Think of him like a dentist working on a hillbilly . He knows how to fix the problem , but has a lot of rot , and gingivitis standing in his way . He must overcome this before he can actually start working on the teeth . He also knows that getting rid of the rot and gingivitis is part of the repair . All the hillbilly knows , is that he has a chance to loose a lot of money , and may have to give up chewing tobacco , so he wants to try and stall as long as possible . He may also have to get off government mental disability to pay for the repairs , something he doesnt like .

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

I’ll take whatever Trump can get done, but that doesn’t change what I think of him as a person. I wouldn’t trust him as far as I could throw him, yet given the other alternatives, he was probably the best hope for finally making some real changes – if that’s possible. I doubt he’s got more than 8-10 months left for meaningful change, at best. They’re already looking to the 2018 elections (both parties), and are willing to do ANYthing to damage Trump for their own purposes. Thankfully, though he’s a political novice as far as actually being in the arena, not just playing with it from without, Trump understands power, threats, carrots, sticks, etc. And he’s built enough of a network that with a great deal of luck added to his skill – and some potentially brilliant cabinet picks – he MIGHT just pull off meaningful changes. But he might just blow it all anyway. At any rate, I expect Congress, the Supremes, various deeply entrenched elements in the agencies, and the news media to all be collectively successful in a well-coordinated effort to the Republican majority in both houses of Congress in 2018, or 2020 at very latest (the word “collectively” was not used randomly). And they MIGHT even be able to oust Trump by 2020. The real coup would be if they can take Pence out with him (that’s starting). Do I believe “loyal” Republicans could generate enough votes to successfully impeach him, even on “trumped up” (no pun intended – or maybe it was….) charges? Oh yes. We forget how many power brokers in Congress were among the official never-Trumpers, or at least right at the front lines of the cheering section. They’re still there, just waiting for their chances. We hear almost nothing from Little Marco, or from Lyin’ Ted just as examples – I suspect they’re laying low, just waiting for their opportunity. And Mitt Romney has been absolutely silent – I simply do not believe he’s done yet, just waiting for his next opportunity.

I wish I could figure out what REALLY drove Jason Chaffetz out of office so suddenly. He said he wouldn’t run again, but all of a sudden – just six months into his new term – he’s resigning outright. That smells really bad.

And the sudden retraction by Fox News of the Seth Rich story is exceptionally telling, in my opinion. I don’t like Sean Hannity one bit. But I do have to say that he’s put together one heck of a case that I simply have not seen all together in one place anywhere else. IF true, and I lean heavily in that direction now that I’ve seen considerable additional evidence of which I was previously unaware, that story is an absolute key in the effort to get rid of Trump. And IF Hannity’s allegation is true, the massive effort to discount the allegation that Rich was the source of the Wikileaks about the DNC, not the Russians, constitutes the set-up for taking down Trump. It’s just too, too coordinated for my comfort. Just as Hannity came out with his big story about that roughly a week ago, suddenly at least five well known “news” sources simultaneously published stories denouncing the theory that Rich was murdered because he’d spilled the dirt to Wikileaks. Hannity’s treading on extremely thin ice on this one, potentially risking his career (who else would hire him!), in directly denouncing Fox News for retracting their story. Why?

Regardless of any of that, I have to step back, take a deep breath, and simply remind myself of what I already know. There is fundamental evil in this world, it is very organized and very powerful, and much of that evil and power is centered in D.C. My years-old signature line is as it is for that fundamental reason.

Paranoid? Call it what you will…. I call it THE organized effort to finally take the major step in ridding the United States of any further functional claim to being a constitutional republic, or even based on the Constitution in any manner. The Constitution is all now just bait-and-switch advertising copy, useful as such to both sides of the aisle. If Trump is removed from office, particularly through non-electoral means, it’s game over. This is not about Trump, this is about what previously constituted the United States of America. This is not about Trump – Trump just got in the way (or maybe was actually ALLOWED to by manipulation of JUST enough votes in the “right” states to win the Electoral College). He may be much more of a useful idiot than anyone imagined, despite what he thinks of himself. From purely a games theory perspective, this is a most fascinating time to live in.

I’d say that’s just my 2¢, but at only an average of 3% growth per year, that 2¢ in 1776 is now worth about $25.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.