Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

The more gray areas laws have the easier they can be used against innocent people. These laws need to be taken off the books. We need to follow the law of the land, The U. S. Constitution. The Supreme sometimes gets is wrong and some Supreme Judges are only voting to the left or to the right and not to the Constitution.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

It doesn’t matter if you “know” dude is a scumbag. Being a scumbag isn’t against the law.

It only matters what you can prove.

Thanks to overzealous lawmakers, complicit DA’s and go-along-to-get-along cops, you have to prove you legally own something in order to get it back from the cops who took it at gunpoint, under color of law.

What’s that you say? NOT “at gunpoint”?

Thought experiment. You rent a car in Cincinnati and you’re going to drive to Kansas City with the firm intention of buying something large and expensive. Let’s say, some type of rare car or another. You got a bagful of cash because you’re sure you can get a better deal that way. It’s in the trunk.

30 miles outside KC, you’re stopped by Officer Safety. He set up a speed trap and, even though you were only going 5 over the speed limit, he spotted your rental plates. While he sets you up with the normal questions that violate the 5th Amendment (Do you know how fast you were going?), he asks to search your car. You, being the upstanding American you are, flatly refuse because rights still exist in this country.

He calls in his friends and the drug sniffing dog which, on his word, “alerts” to something in your car. You, handcuffed and sitting on the curb, you didn’t see the dog do anything, but Officer Safety says he did, sooo…

The search reveals your bag of cash. They say “You need to prove you got this legally to get it back” and take your hard-earned cash. You, not knowing they can legally rob you blind at gunpoint (you forgot that Officer Safety and his buddies all have at least two guns on them, a shotgun clipped to the dashboard and an M4 in the trunk – each), you start struggling and putting up a fuss about them stealing your cash…

You think Officer Safety won’t hesitate to taze you? Draw down on you? If you really put up a fuss about them robbing you blind, they might decide you’re a “danger” and shoot you. Of course, the DA will rule the shooting “justified” because you didn’t roll over and stick your hindquarters in the air while they had their way with you…

Welkom to Amerika, Comrade…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

Keeping any money in the bank is crazy, this is away for them to force you into putting it there so one day the bank an have a holiday issue you “stock” take your money and on opening the stock drops to 0 due to a (insert the blank issue). Now called a bail in.

The police taking money to be “secure” and need to show your receipt… why not ask for receipt of the car and the jewelry you are wearing, the phone and your clothes?

Easy way around this but cost a few dollars go to a lawyer get an exemption to carry cash. They cant ask for more than the permit after that it is none of their business. the one time they did try to keep it, it cost them a huge settlement. When they did take the money for safe keeping when i got it returned the bill count was wrong the amount was shorted a few thousand… upstanding police service. The permit also allows you to put in large cash deposits at the bank but be scrupulous with your taxes they will come and check.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Just speaking to whirlibird’s comment about having to use the same script with everyone, we can thank the lawyer industry for that one. It is the same thing behind all of the zero tolerance issues in schools and elsewhere. Most people understand when and how to apply common sense and how to differentiate between big issues vs minor issues, but the attorneys for the folks with big issues have learned how to blur the distinction to the point that kids get kicked out of school for eating Pop Tarts into the shape of a gun. I sympathize with whirlibird on that one but it does not justify at all taking someone’s money when you can’t even articulate what crime it is that they have supposedly committed, let alone having any evidence that they did. I’d rather Congress just pass a law that it is illegal to have more than X amount of cash. Wrong as that may be at least we’d know what the rules are.

Let’s just say I have $5,000 cash as a cushion should I wake up one day to a bank holiday or regional grid down situation. The police take it and now I have to publicly out myself as a prepper if I want to pursue getting my money back. Even if I mounted my own defense without the expense of an attorney, I will still have lost even if I got my money back because the whole community now knows of my prepper status, let alone the local druggies who now know which house to break into to find some ready cash.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

MountainBiker the same goes for gold and silver! It is not only about the cash.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Joke’s on them , they would only get about $40 at any one time .

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Really sorry to hear this is happening in the US now too. It is a very common practice here in SE Asia and Police sets up checkpoints to get paid.

Here they simply find things that are not right with your car or motorbike or want to make you pee for drug tests. They basically hassle you until you pay. As longer as you are not paying as higher becomes their bribe.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Jay I think this happens in many poor countries with the police that do not get paid well. Here it is happening even tho they are getting paid well. There are some that are just bad which makes the good police officers like bad.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

namelus

Never heard about an “exemption to carry cash” before… since when is there a limit as to how much cash I can have on me and why would I need an exemption? I mean, yeah, I know about the limits when you fly but if I’m driving several hours away, why the hell would I need an “exemption”?

Great… now I need “permission” from the State to protect myself from the State itself, else they will steal my hard earned coin…

Bastards.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Malgus, They find you driving with a large amount of cash then they seize it and they may ask the court for a warrant to see what you have at your house. Now they go to your house and find the weapons and maybe more cash. Yes you are only a prepare and not a criminal but they do not like prepares so they will seize everything and make you pay an attorney to prove that you have not done anything against the law. WOW!

This is one way to make people not prepare. Also now they know everything you have.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

My last post about this doesn’t seem to have arrived.
    Eh. Oh well.

I was originally going to point out how hard it is to get a warrant, the legal requirements and such.

But as this thread has gone the way of all previous posts involving LE, the hostility and opinions overshadow any reason or logic, so there’s no point wasting the proverbial breath on it.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Malgus, They find you driving with a large amount of cash then they seize it and they may ask the court for a warrant to see what you have at your house. Now they go to your house and find the weapons and maybe more cash. Yes you are only a prepare and not a criminal but they do not like prepares so they will seize everything and make you pay an attorney to prove that you have not done anything against the law. WOW!

Yeah I heard about this too. Didnt they do this a lot with cars to also keep the cars?

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Hey Whirl,

Might want to read this.

Resistance is Futile: The Violent Cost of Challenging the American Police State

https://www.rutherford.org/publications_resources/john_whiteheads_commentary/resistance_is_futile_the_violent_cost_of_challenging_the_american_police_st

Perhaps it will illuminate our position and allow you to understand us a bit better. We’re not bashing YOU, personally…. there’s nothing personal about it. But, you can’t go on saying NACALT forever…

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

And the fact is that many LE are trying to provoke a response and escalate minor affairs into something where they can use some form of force. Just mashing you to the ground will suffice.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Back in the 60’s when my older brother was about 14 he and his friends got caught spray painting the cement entrance sign to the county park in our neighborhood. What happened? A cop came to the house to tell my parents about it and say that the boys needed to go clean the paint off. The cop knew none of them had ever been in trouble before and that their parents would take it from there. Believe me my brother probably would have preferred going to jail than facing my mother. She tolerated no bad behavior, and shaming the family in that way was much worse than mere bad behavior. He and his friends learned their lesson and it didn’t happen again. Today many parents would immediately jump into “not my boy” and if so then the police should press charges and let the courts handle it. In my brother’s case however, the cop didn’t approach the house with his gun drawn or a battering ram, he rang the doorbell and had a polite conversation with my parents. There was no SWAT Team involved. He didn’t call for backup. What he did was keep his response proportional to the crime. This is where we have gone wrong. The response is increasingly way out of proportion. What the cop also did was what I’d term community policing in that he focused on nipping the problem in the bud with reasonable actions and excellent communication. I am sure that if my brother did something like that again, the cop would have ratcheted up his response, and rightfully so. Now elementary school kids can be suspended for chewing Pop Tarts into the shape of a gun. As an aside, this was a lower middle class neighborhood of factory workers, not the privileged side of town where the cop might have been afraid of affluent parents with political connections.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.