Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of pitty
    pitty
    Survivalist
    member2

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

Hi, I’m pitty , I’m a 40 year old guy from Austria

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

About 10 Years ago when the first Flood was in our Area.
    It was bad, many People lost their Houses and had no food, water etc.
    You need some supplies ready when you need them, the government don’t cares about you.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

Mostly for natural disasters, and when all gets worse because of financial crash or war.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

Philosophy, stay alive no matter what happens.
    It doesn’t work for me to have supplies for two years and a natural disaster destroys all you have.
    For me it’s better to have supplies for 3 weeks and a (big) pack (of course i or we can carry and take off and this very quickly.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

“When injustice is law, resistance becomes a duty!”

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

I love you to my Wife and Stepson.
    And F#ck the System!

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome, pull up a chair and stay a while.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome here Pitty, and I like your last words about the system!

Profile photo of Ron S
    Ron S
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome pitty. This becoming more International all the time( great). You are joining a number of people that feel as though they would rather depend upon themselves and other like-minded people than the @#$###@ system( I like your attitude). Ron S

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome. Lots of good voices and perspectives here.

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Welcome pitty!

I also do most of my emergency preparation for wildfire, flooding, gas leaks, power blackouts or other disruptions.

http://goboxstorage.ca/blog/emergency-preparation-series/

I know many preppers are focused on the “long emergency”. I don’t feel I have much to add to this conversation. I find it harder — maybe impossible — to prepare for this type of black swan event.

I hope you enjoy the forum and have fun contributing your experiences. :)

Profile photo of pitty
    pitty
    Survivalist
    member2

Thanks for the Welcome! :)

Sorry for the late reply, currently I have a lot of work and therefore too little time for private internet.
    Interesting link c, Thanks.

Yes we are in a Red Zone because of Flooding, the Government said the next Time we are also flooded again, this is there Plan if it get’s to bad in other Areas.
    Yes it sucks, but there is not much you can do against the Water…
    So therefore it is pointless to purchase up to years of Reserves. Better good Equipment, enough Food and Water for a few weeks and get away quickly.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.