Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Yes you heard right “Ah Pickle Juice”. It is becoming a favorite among sports players. It has been found to help reduce cramps in athletes, whether racing bikes or playing football, or whatever kind of sport you partake in, pickle juice is being recognized more and more as a drink that will give you more electrolytes than the more popular “ade” drinks. In fact 30 times more than PowerAde and 15 times more than Gatorade. Preventing dehydration is a major factor in any sport, and with the salt content along with the acetic acid, it has been found that pickle juice is much better than isotonic drinks that contain citric acid.
    Why does it help so much? Pickle juice contains salt, calcium chloride and vinegar, in addition to flavorings (dill, bread & butter, etc). And don’t forget the cucumbers which play an important part in the effects of pickle juice. So, with all these ingredients mixed together you can’t go wrong.

I personally have been drinking pickle juice for many years to help settle my stomach or just when I don’t feel all that great. Getting past the taste, for some, is going to be the real challenge, but there again, personally I enjoy the taste. When I buy pickles I usually buy the largest container of pickles I can find. It is more economical and you get a lot more pickle juice in the larger container, comparatively speaking.

Mom told me that when she was young, grandmother would give her vinegar and honey when she had an upset stomach, which is basically pickle juice with a sweetener. So I guess those old home remedies are better than you could imagine, and they have been around for a very long time.

You should never throw away pickle juice. There are so many uses for it. It can be used in salads, marinades and other recipes. And for you drinkers out there, it is great for hangovers, for the same reasons it is good for athletes that sweat a lot. It gives back what the body has lost or/and needs.

Sauerkraut juice is also good in many of the ways of pickle juice is, and it taste good with certain meals. It is also used in marinades for pork and other meats.

For a lot of us southerners using pickled pepper sauce on turnip greens, is a delight.

The same could be said for vinegar over cabbage and corned beef. You might even want to try pickle juice mixed in mayo for your potato salad. Even mixing pickle and pickled pepper juices with olive oil can be a different treat for salads.

There are so many uses for these juices, from marinades and sauces, to dip and soups, and don’t forget to drink it occasionally. Some people even put it on some plants, but I am not going to recommend this to anyone. I would rather drink it.

For cramps:
    During a workout, the body loses electrolytes (salt in the blood) rapidly, which can lead to painful cramping in the legs and other extremities. To replenish electrolytes quickly, you can drink an expensive sports drink loaded with sugar, calories, artificial colors and flavors– or, you can head to your refrigerator for an all-natural, quick alternative that has worked for professional and amateur athletes alike: dill pickle juice.
    In order to utilize this proven method, place a 2 ounce shot glass on a stable surface. Due to the high salt and acid content in dill pickle juice, it is not recommended to drink more than 2 ounces at one time.

When pouring the juice from the jar, keep the lid held loosely over the top to prevent any pickles, dill or chunky seasoning from falling into your glass.

Drink your shot of pickle juice quickly, and in one gulp. If need be, follow up the pickle juice with some water and/or a cracker.

Consisting of water, vinegar (acetic acid), calcium chloride and salt, dill pickle juice packs a powerful punch and quickly replenishes the salt lost due to perspiration. It is beneficial to have a ‘shot’ of dill pickle juice just prior to working out, and again, afterwords.

If you are on a salt-restricted diet, do not use dill pickle juice as a home remedy without first consulting your doctor or health care professional.
    Post-Workout Drink – In a 2010 study, pickle juice halted post-workout muscle cramps in 85 seconds. It is an effective way to replace lost electrolytes and sodium which can cause serious cramping and dehydration.

PMS Remedy – For those same reasons above, pickle juice is a helpful remedy for menstrual pain and cramping.
    Heartburn Cure – When heartburn strikes, try taking a few sips of pickle juice. Like apple cider vinegar, the juice helps balance the pH in the stomach, calming acid reflux. If heartburn comes back after a while, try drinking a little more.

Laxative – Drink a glass of pickle juice as an all natural laxative.
    Upset Stomach – Treat tummy troubles with pickle juice. It helps by aiding the digestive process. Save some pickle juice in a small container for “medicinal” purposes. You will be happy you did.

Hiccup Stopper – Many people claim that the number-one cure for hiccups is a small glass of pickle juice. Given how well it seems to works on everything else, I am inclined to believe it!

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Hahahaha , I started drinking that as a kid every once in a while …..still do …..but only the dill pickle juice . My grandmother used to make her own .

nlouise
    nlouise
    Survivalist
    member4

I usually add it to deviled eggs, potato salad, tuna salad, and eggs salad. Didn’t know it was so good for other things!?!?!?!?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.