Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

What did you get given this year? I received an amazing ‘survival gear’ gift, just curious what else was received this Christmas?

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

I got what I always want: peace, harmony and tranquility in the household. My girls and husband always know and can give me this gift for the holidays and make me very happy.

Profile photo of tukie2
    tukie2
    Survivalist
    member3

My kids got me another water filter, and a GPS…apparently I get lost a lot…lol.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

i got myself a jcb 3CX

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Namelus that is quite an expensive gift.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

My daughter shocked me by putting a box of ammo in my stocking. It literally would have been the first time she’d even touched a box of ammo. Going into Gander Mountain was a bit of culture shock for her. Regretfully it doesn’t go with anything I own but it is the thought that counts. I will trade it for something that goes with one of my guns with my son.

My son gave me a couple military surplus air tight & water tight storage containers. Not sure what I will use them for but they’ll be useful for sure somehow.

My kids are as different as night and day. Hard to believe they have the same set of parents.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

We try not to give gifts for Xmas. We usually buy a few more of the things we need. Bought some minus 33 merino wool underwear though.
    Xmas day we went out to see Into the Woods.
    The list of stuff we get to prep whatever depends on LoL… You could fool me I don’t think we have a plan anymore. We do what needs to be done.
    A while ago I gave myself the Rawles novel, The Liberators. Also a Krav Maga book by Ben Keren… disrupt damage destroy disengage.
    Finding the time to relax take a few walks and get away from it all is an important xmas activity. Opsecing the extended family to full black is the main objective of these holidays. The electronic chains are hard to break. One careless moment to answer the phone can lead to major complications. One email an attack. Looking forward to the new year. Let it snow let it snow let it snow.
    Into the Woods was a black swan from Disney. It was a great end of year film.

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

I did get my two nephews something for their EDC. One nephew is 10, and I thought he was old enough for a good quality Swiss army knife. I got him a Camper. His brother is 8, and I got him the smallest Swiss army knife I could find, a lanyard, LED light, and a whistle.

http://goboxstorage.ca/blog/emergency-preparation-series/

I hope everyone is having a good holiday with lots or good food!

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

Spending some quiet days at home doing mostly nothing…a welcome change. Although yes [Bushrat says I can’t sit still] I’m casually inventory-ing our stuff and stowing it a little better.

He got me a beautiful Damascus knife for Christmas. We opted out of the mad gift-giving years ago, but sometimes he gives me a little something that shows he put some thought into it. [A few years ago he got me solid chocolate ammo done up in cute little metal ‘ammo boxes’ ;) ]

Like Brulen, if we have some extra money, we get something we have been needing. Bushrat got a crossbow, assembling it now. Plus some gunsmithing tools. I already had gotten my 10-.22 takedown. Sooo, enjoying a light snow coming down outside–but mostly hanging out and gathering strength for the New Year ahead. Sometimes peace and quiet are the best gifts of all.

Profile photo of lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Survivalist
    member6

got some more bolts for my crossbow.

British Survivalist.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

I got a rock. Haha unfortunately due to family, erm, issues, I’ve had to keep my prepping ultra quiet.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Actually I got a visit from my daughter and her family. They stayed 5 days and we got a lot of visiting done. Also showed my grandson how to shoot. Blasted a lot of soda cans with 9mm, 410 and 45acp. Gave my son-in-law a Taurus 9mm and a Mosin 7.62x54R plus lots of ammo. 22lr is still costly where they live so loaded them up with that also. Around here, north Texas, 22lr is not a problem plus prices are now decent. Not back to old prices but sure not $8 per box of 50 anymore!
    Robin

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Wild, sounds nice. Wishing Bushrat would chime in on the forum more often.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Robin, you are a great present giver!

Profile photo of Pheonix
    Pheonix
    Survivalist
    member5

I survived. Does that count?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.