Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

A US Department of Defense (DoD) research programme is funding universities to model the dynamics, risks and tipping points for large-scale civil unrest across the world, under the supervision of various US military agencies. The multi-million dollar programme is designed to develop immediate and long-term “warfighter-relevant insights” for senior officials and decision makers in “the defense policy community,” and to inform policy implemented by “combatant commands.”

(Source)

I have to admit it takes a lot of “news” and multiple different media outlets that report on something to consider it at least close to the truth. This article covers public information and connects the dots. Politicans understand that they have to better learn now how to suffocate any movements (such as Occupy Wallstreet) before they get too much traction.

How I see this, they will even succeed. With an election system that just benefits the big parties and so much effort put into killing any sort of grassroots movements in its infancy I think there are few options for change left.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

One thing the DOD loves is plans/studies. In the Navy they are called “OP-Plan’s.” There is one for the Korean Conflict, if it happens again. There is another for Russian invasion of European countries (Cold War carry-over.) For the last 20 years it seems everything (bombs, missiles etc) designators start with the letter “J.” This stands for “Joint” and means it covers more than one arm (Army, Navy, Air Force or Marines) of the DOD. This is also true of different types of information systems (JDISS means Joint Deployable Intelligence Support System.)
    To me several events made the studies cited by Jay possible:
    Africa – In the mid 90’s several Embassies of the United States where blown up and taken over by groups.
    Benghazi – Again an Embassy was taken over by a group.

One group the DOD does not understand are the Voters of the US. It does not come under their realm of things so they do not really concern themselves with the subject.

All bets are off if Obama appoints himself a third term!
    Robin

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Robin, If Obama appoints himself a third term that will be the beginning of a civil war. Also Jay the two party system is having problems right now to control the voters. They just voted out Eric Cantor. For the last eight years the two parties have been calling the Tea Party every name in the books but it has not worked. Eric Cantor was the House Majority Leader! We will see what is coming in 2014. I think the Republicans will take the Senate and with the control of the House Obama has a problem. The Tea Party is becoming stronger because it is the only way for the voters to vote out the old guard in the Republican Party.

By losing all control of making new laws Obama may try to appoint himself a Dictator over the country and pass laws by executive order.

When leaders like Eric Cantor stop listening

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/06/14/when-leaders-like-eric-cantor-stop-listening/

Cantor’s defeat: I’ve stood in Dave Brat’s shoes and understand his supporters

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/06/14/cantor-defeat-ive-stood-in-dave-brat-shoes-and-understand-his-supporters/

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Modified humpty dumpty ” All the Tsars horses , and all the Tsars men , couldnt put Imperial Russia back together again ”

Once the shooting starts , The Rebellion will win . Have to remember , in a civil war , its not just OUR families that will be in danger ……….THEIRS will be vulnerable to the same reprisals . Other countries will get involved , and dont count on them all being on the side of the government . Matter of fact ……..the government may find that once it starts heavy ………..they have no friends . Just like in the 4th century AD , there are many countries and people that want to get rid of the Romans once and for all ……………and they did . The pentagram is not exactly the most competent branch of government , they are comprised of desk jockeys and old men waiting for their pension to kick in . They are the same type of people that said WW1 and the Civil War would be over in less than a year .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik, Your post is one of the areas that I think about all the time. How many directions will a civil war go.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Good points, yes. I think it would be interesting to see from people who are active in the army if there are any steps taken to make them more hostile towards fellow citizen.

At the end of the day if soldiers don’t want to shoot fellow citizen because they realize something must be very wrong then those in power have a problem when it comes to civil unrest.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

I was in Washington DC when the Kent State incident took place. Also when Martin Luther King was killed. I was hitch hiking during the DC riots!
    The killing of Martin Luther King made things scarier than the protests after Kent State massacre.
    I still feel no fear from the DOD side of things. Now if you are talking about DHS, ICE, ATF or similar wanna-be’s then yes I am afraid.
    Robin

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

CSA

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Cratershock
    Cratershock
    Survivalist
    member1

The Civil Disturbance plan generally falls under the title “Gardenplot”. Its been around for a long time but as of late it has become a more urgent and stressful concern of the Washington elites. They know they are hated and they know there will be revenge and due restitution.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Here is a website article about Garden Plot, http://www.infowars.com/operation-garden-plot-documents-published/

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

The old axiom was for a revolution to succeed it must be based on a moral perspective. This insures that those who are sitting on the sidelines will give aid and comfort to the fighters, but directly participate. All the leaders of the first revolution were devout men. I wonder if today’s society with it’s entitlement mentality would provide support. Take away their Obama phones, and the free ride, and they will turn you in not support you.

Can a country that has the Kardashian clan as social icons survive?

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Roadracer,
    Who is starting a revolution? If shtf those are the people that will be chasing the politicians through the streets with ropes.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Roadracer , what you said , reminds me of the scene in the Godfather movie , when Michael asks about the Cuban rebels , he asked to the effect ” ………..So the army gets paid to fight ? and the rebels do not ? ………..the rebels will win ”
    You asked if a country with such shallow values survive ? Yes ! and the reason is , because when reality sets in , we are all animals , and will instinctively kill those that have , so that we may survive . Its one reason why we lost Vietnam , we FAILED to gain the peoples support by unrestrained killing of civilians . Now granted it was almost impossible to determine who was who ………..but none the less , a dirt poor Vietnamese farmer out in a rice patty gets his water buffalo killed by trigger happy Americans ……….you just destroyed his only means of support as well as his only valuable possession , guess what ? You just made a new VC . Americans are very poor at that game , where more ruthless people like the Romans and Russians are better at it . One of our servicemen asked an Afghan prisoner about who was harder to fight , the Americans or the Russians , his answer was the Russians by far .

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

We lost Vietnam because we lied. In WWII the Allies asked Uncle Ho to fight the Japanese. He, and the people of Vietnam, did fight and almost won. After winning the war in the Pacific the Allies gave Indochina back to the French. France was fighting on the side of the Axis.
    Same thing in Africa and Arabia. They helped us and then we turned around and screwed them over.
    We Americans have too high an opinion of ourselves. Not every country wants to be America. Not every person wants to be an American. America starts a lot of wars and then pisses and moans about people being killed.
    Robin

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Robin,
    France was with the allies against the axis. Just sayin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.