Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Bill Bennett on Fox News commenting on Middlebury college kids deadhead riot against Charles Murray.

Hmmmm … I guess we can put it down to a failure of western civilization. 62000 a year per kid and this is the result?

Ripoff.

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

I refuse to lament the high cost of producing a “Liberal.” If parents want them thoroughly brainwashed, they should pay whatever the great mental laundries demand.

Cry, "Treason!"

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Just me grousing again. My euphoria a month ago when the mayor of Rutland was ousted over the Syrian refugees has proven to be short lived. They just announced 5 more families are coming. The program had been halted after the 1st two families when Trump cut in half the number of refugees to be admitted. Apparently that wasn’t enough.

There is no stopping these programs once a community has been targeted. Hillary had wanted to double what Obama had been letting in. I assume the floodgates will be opened when the Dems get the White House again.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Who makes these quota/relocation decisions, and who pays FOR them? Local? State? DC? NGO? In other words, who should be finger-pointed specifically for the end result of these five additional families coming in?

By itself, I wouldn’t have a problem in the world with a family from just about anywhere moving in next door to me – as long as they had the means to make and implement that decision for themselves, as opposed to being “placed” there (and funded) by some other entity, and as long as they actively supported basic constitutional principles, and intended to keep their place up to the standards that the rest of the neighborhood keeps. Beyond that, I don’t give a darn what they look like, or what religion they are – as long as they’re there BY CHOICE, they’re good neighbors, and found our neighborhood on their own. But when some do-gooder decides they want to change my neighborhood by importing people that have no concept (or desire) to live “like us,” [JoiseyAccent: ON] FUGEDABOUTIT! [JoiseyAccent:OFF].

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

The feds pay a group of non-profits to bring them in and manage their settlement in the host communities. The feds give each refugee a certain amount of cash to get started plus being they are legal immigrants they are entitled to the full array of benefits…. cash welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, housing subsidies, child care subsidies etc. The local community bears the brunt of educating the kids & teaching them English, the impact on police etc.

Supposedly there is a review that establishes a community has jobs, housing & services to support the immigrants but in the case of Rutland nobody has been able to get a copy of the application that spells the details of that review. Of course the jobs deemed available are minimum wage which guarantees the refugees will be on entitlements indefinitely.

Basically bringing in refugees is a lucrative industry that non-profits have latched onto, the host communities be damned.

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

I don’t give a darn what they look like, or what religion they are – as long as they’re there BY CHOICE, they’re good neighbors, and found our neighborhood on their own. But when some do-gooder decides they want to change my neighborhood by importing people that have no concept (or desire) to live “like us,” [JoiseyAccent: ON] FUGEDABOUTIT! [JoiseyAccent:OFF].

For the most part, they are being imported precisely because their importers know full well that they have no intention of living like you, and are placed in your neighborhood by contracting “charities” (to diffuse the blame) at considerable extra expense, precisely because the people whose grand idea it was in the first place, understood all too (carefully studied) exactly, that you wouldn’t come anywhere near to liking it. It’s as close to a physical attack as the cowards who dreamed it up could pull off, without getting themselves arrested on charges of assault and battery. The cherry on top for them is that, to the extent that you pay the taxes that the program devours, they’ve managed to make you pay for it!

Cry, "Treason!"

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.