Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

Some food for thought by the Maine Prepper about believing what is true but not letting fear and anger control one’s thinking to believe falsehoods.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

elijah, Great video. One of the best ways to question an opinion of an article is to post it here, I do it all the time and get great opinions of all the falsehood in the article and the parts in the article that may have some truth to it.

Just make sure when you post that you tell everyone that the artilce may have a lot of falsehood in it but that you like everyone’s opinion.

There are many conspiracy theory articles that are all bull but there are some that have 50% bull and 50% truth so this is why it is good to post and get everyone’s opinion.

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

Thank you, freedom; I think your suggestion is balanced and reasonable. As the Maine Prepper says, we can know there are actual conspiracies out there because objective and reliable evidence shows this to be true, but not all theories are equally valid, and sometimes fear can cause people to buy into ideas that don’t stand up to scrutiny.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I agree elijah. Also when we post these opinion/conspiracy theory articles it helps many see the true light of what part is true and what part is not true/left field theory. This is very good for the group in the forum because we sometimes get into a theory that we read and when it is posted here the rest of the group reads it with there eye and mind open to conspiracy or falsehood.

It has happen to me were I believe in an article that is all conspiracy and then someone on the forum like Malgus, 74, Whirlibird post there opinion of what the article has that maybe true, false or all bull. So then I see there opinions and make my judgement. This helps everyone.

When an article has no facts everyone here will tell you!.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

There isn’t a one of us who doesn’t have some touch of paranoia.
    It can be a good thing, or a bad thing depending on how you let it rule your life.

Many of the issues are self propagating, and once you start seeing the issue, you focus so whole heartedly on the issues that you can’t get away from it. And it just goes downhill from there.

Good video, fairly well spoken.

Sit back, have a cup of decaf and watch the sunrise/sunset with the kids or grandkids.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I finally had a chance to watch the video. He is a voice of reason in a very cluttered world. I find it sad how some otherwise bright people become lost in the conspiracy world. Every bad thing that happens is a false flag event to them and the conclusions reached over an action taken or statement made are often pretty significant stretches of the imagination. That said I will listen to whatever is said because there may be partial truths or nuggets of really useful information. I’m a pretty decent amateur genealogist and so I use a simple analogy that draws upon my 40 years of sorting out clues in order to solve the problem at hand. It is that all of the family stories that get handed down are false but they all contain a nugget of truth. The trick is figuring out which part is true.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.