Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ox
    Ox
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

Steve, 37, upstate NY.

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

I was into prepping before prepping was “cool” and on TV. About 10 years before. I don’t talk about it much and keep most things a secret while trying to pass the word that being prepared isn’t about paranoia it’s just good common sense.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

It’s not interesting. It’s a matter of, well, survival. It’s important because what kind of man, husband, father are you if you’re not doing everything you can to protect your family from unknown dangers? The feeling of preparedness is priceless.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

Just good old fashioned common sense goes a long ways. Further than the armchair warriors you read about talking about the newest gadgets and tech. Old school is the only school. Low tech = higher chances nothing will break. Practical skills and knowledge of the land you’re in will go further than the city boy with the $5,000 AR-15 and $400 “survival knife”.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

“You can’t polish a turd”
    “The first patriots were also considered terrorists by their tyrannical government.”
    “If you want to know the future, look to the past.”
    “Trust your gut. It’s smarter than your brain.”
    “Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.”
    “KISS – Keep It Simple, Stupid!”
    “If voting really made a difference do you think they would allow you to do it?”

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say

If I was dying and could say my last words it would be, “Keep up the good fight and remember the heroic patriots of old. They were called terrorists too.”

————————————

Thank you to Selco and Jay for their time and hard work to get this crucial and practical information out to the masses. I live in the country with a “hillbilly” mindset. I’m what some might call an educated hick. The way I look and talk make people think I’m just “another backwards redneck” and am somewhat ignorant and limited in my knowledge of the real world. Quite the contrary. I think I’m more in touch with “the real world” than most people out there in society. I use my looks and way of talking as a front to throw off other people. I was into prepping before prepping was “cool” and on TV. About 10 years before. I don’t talk about it much and keep most things a secret while trying to pass the word that being prepared isn’t about paranoia it’s just good common sense. 50 years ago you were considered a fool if you didn’t have 6 months of supplies on hand for emergencies. Now you’re considered “one of those conspiracy theorists” if you DO.

Unless they think it’s a cool fad off the TV like Doomsday Preppers. Then they’ll mention the show and you know that they’re only doing it to be “cool”. The people on that show break the first rule: Don’t advertise that you’re prepping! If anyone asks, just tell them you have around 2 weeks of food in the pantry “just in case”. This makes you prudent, not paranoid and less likely to be targeted. Many preppers have a romantic thought of bugging out and living off the land like a mountain man. Think again. I believe if society collapses for whatever reason it’ll be more like living in the late 1800s just before electricity was being invented and used. After the initial suicides and deaths things will settle down into small local communities just like back then. The key is to have supplies enough to stay hidden and fly under the radar until things blow over.

Learn old-timey skills if you don’t have any. Make sure you can either grow or produce goods that people will want or need. I can. Or have a skill or ten that people will want or need. I do. Know your neighbors. Both good ones and bad ones. It took around 10 years for us to realize the true ways of people around us and who to trust and not to trust. Just always try to do your best with what you have.

We have low tech gear and supplies. This will take you further than the most expensive and high tech gadgetry. Use the KISS principal. Low tech = less money spent = more money for more KISS supplies! It’s a beautiful thing. Keep up the good fight. Round up fellow patriots. Keep them close. Don’t let “the bastards” get you down. Be nice, helpful and polite. It still works even in today’s rush-around society. And if the government is reading this, please let it be known that I’m not after a war or a fight with anyone. The things that you have done and are doing is forcing me to be a prepper. I don’t like it, but you all made me. You’re opening up a can of worms and you have no idea how many of us are out there. If you really want a NWO and plan on sacrificing millions of people on this planet…well, you’ll find out the best fighter in the world is one who has nothing left to lose.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Great introduction. Welcome to the community Ox. Couldn’t agree more.

It was natural for us humans to know about survival, the last 100 or so years just made us forget a lot.

I do believe people slowly start to understand that the busy, urban, consume driven lifestyle is not the way to go. Of course all corporations work actively against that and want to keep people living inside the bubble.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Thanks Ox.
    Good words, I agree. We are living in world where values are inverted, so it may be confusing. Real prepping and survival is about skills and knowledge, other stuff is there to help, not to finish job.
    Welcome!

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

Welcome, Ox. You sound like a sensible person with a lot of practical knowledge that I think will be very welcome here. As you say, being an “educated hick” makes me think you have a realistic perspective that many lack. I look forward to reading you in the future.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Ox,
    Glad to have you here!
    Sounds like you have a lot of practical advice and wisdom to give us.
    I’m excited to hear more!
    Hannah

Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

Glad you’re here Ox, I like your perspective on things!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.