Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of wildcat hunter
    wildcat hunter
    Survivalist
    member1

Would a “slingshot” with 45caliber lead balls be considered a “weapon” by your employer. These have been used for hunting and will bring down small game, I think it will bring down larger game too or at least make them hurt!

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

74, I had thought about PO boxes but then thought whatever is in it is visible to the folks on the inside of the work area, plus I suspect they’d get suspicious if a package was left in one long term. Anyone here work in a Post Office that might know? Another possible issue is will the Post Offices be closed in a SHTF scenario or used by govt.entities for other purposes?

KOS, that’s one of the best bug out bag listings I’ve ever seen. I’m heading out this Friday for a week’s trip down to NC and need to go through mine beforehand so the timing was perfect.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Mtb,
    Your probably right, and there maybe residency issues as well.

Any one traveling a lot should check out the CCW Reciprocity Guides for their state. Looks like a rsident in AZ has the most states a person can carry legally.

http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-laws/arizona.aspx

http://www.ccrkba.org/?page_id=1217

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

PO Boxes through the Post Office do require local residency. PMB do not… Private Mail Boxes. You can get them at the little copy/mail shops all over the US.

I have a “prepper” minded family member that has several 24/7 storage lockers all over the US. Many places you get to go are a bit off the beaten path so prices tend to be rediculously low for some things. He gets the smallest available and I can’t imagine it being too spendy if you shop around. Several of these placed along with caches and such could allow you to have supplies (including a cheap Mosin or such rifle) within a day’s drive.

I couldn’t handle not being able to at least have a firearm in a rucksack even in a disassembled state. I actually have an AR7 Explorer that stays in my truck all disassembled and in different spots so I can’t be messed with by overzealous LEO’s. Not sure how something like that would work for you, but it would be be better than nothing…. .22LR hurts if shot with it. Just saying.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

CDL drivers are under different rules and laws than standard automobile drivers. What an automobile driver can legally have in their vehicle is different for CDL drivers. One example would be radar detectors. Some states allow them for auto drivers but they are not legal in any state for CDL drivers. Angus are you an owner operator or is it a company truck? Maybe a storage unit along some middle ground between possible routes could hold some supplies. Not the most secure location but it is a relatively cheap option. You could even store other modes of transportation there without being to suspicious. Another aspect to look at would be making sure the people you are trying to get back to have what they need until you can make it home. All the caches in the world are no good if those people aren’t there when you get back.

Profile photo of Angus
    Angus
    Veteran
    member2

Wow thanks for all the advice. People back home should be fine have a farm they are bugging out to in Ct. If that is compromised I believe my friend is closing on a farm in ME this weekend so will have secondary location. I’m pretty sure a sling shot would be no problem just disassembled put the band in my first aid kit . No worries on sling shot ammo either they could be “spare bearings”. I’m a company driver so limits my options. Can’t think of any way to stash a fire arm lol. Only ones I own ATM are a .222 bolt action savage, the worlds largest bolt action mosseberg .22 and 2 break action 16 gauges. I hope to buy a glock 19 or 17 for my girl soon she has experience with one and was going to get a PTR91. Not sure where best location would be for a storage unit for me will have to think on that. lol someone suggested I get an 80\20 1911 and bring a cordless drill lol hmmmm.

Profile photo of wildcat hunter
    wildcat hunter
    Survivalist
    member1

wasp / bee spray

Profile photo of Angus
    Angus
    Veteran
    member2

Good idea

Profile photo of Desert Duck
    Desert Duck
    Survivalist
    member1

THere is a PTR 91 for sale locally for $900. if you want details I can send to you.
    You would have to go through FFL most likely since you are not resident in this state.
    Mosin Nagant and SKS are low cost Battle Rifles using 7.62x54R and 7.62×39 respectively…. Cheaper ammo than that PTR 91’s .308 or 7.62×51.. shocked at ammo prices for .308 lately.

Lots of great counsel here… Let me know what you think of the book Patriots when you read it. Tons of great philosophy there. especially that hindsight is 20/20!

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Angus wrote:
    Thanks for the responses…

…I definitely need to start networking to make friends a long i80, i40, i70 and i10. I can definitely stock a lot of food on the truck just need light weight options as I’m sure I can’t physically carry 2 months worth.

…I wish truck stops had lockers lol that would be awesome.

I’m on/near I-70, Indiana a lot. Near Exit 11, 28, etc.

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

@Desert Duck

Tell us more of these Skanks-Mares ;)
    Does it have to do with truck stops, since Angus is OTR? lol

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of Angus
    Angus
    Veteran
    member2

Mosin and SKS are both excellent choices and both I believe Ct legal which is currently planned bug out location. I know Ct is a horrible choice but will be getting my own land preferably in Vt as soon as possible.
    May try to purchase a Mosin this week like the price not familiar with the caliber but seems deer and bear hunting worthy if compared to .308 and 30.06

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

Wasp spray for those pesky wasps, throw in an air horn to “blow em away” *chuckle*

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Angus, I live in VT and it is a great place to be. The more prepper types up here the better, so hopefully that’ll work out for you.

Profile photo of Desert Duck
    Desert Duck
    Survivalist
    member1

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>undeRGRönd wrote:</div>@Desert Duck

Tell us more of these Skanks-Mares ;)<br>
    Does it have to do with truck stops, since Angus is OTR? lol

Funny… I’m sure there are skanks out there lol… Great chapters in the “Patriots” book by Rawles!

Yeah, I’m feeling it from Angus! He’s gonna score a Mosin and be thumping watermelons and old cantaloupes soon! Those are targets that give the shooter validation, positive feedback and affirmation! Hunted many melons in my day, ala Hickok45 on YouTube Lol…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.