Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Ok folks, how many have actually sat down with their current/future group (or if no group at present but plans to try and quickly form one) and discuss some sort of organization of responsibilities, formally planned, organized info, written concrete stuff/plan down? Or do you think it is pointless? Or you no one has had the time etc.? Curious

See this article from Oathkeepers

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tweva, I have read this article. One of the better articles for  organization of your group. In my group there are some that take it serious and others that do not. Buy this plan is good and helpful. Oath Keeper have some of the best articles on SHTF.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

As I have said in other threads I live in a family “compound” so we would all go to father in laws house. My biggest concern is if something happened to him. I get along with all my in laws but my bro in law and I don’t always see eye to eye on SHTF. There are times he compensates with bravado and it is hard to tell him anything. Right now we agree to disagree but it is also not a life or death situation at this moment.

I really don’t know how he would handle something happening to his dad. It may shut him down and I would be forced into the lead role or it could at least make him more apt to listen. Or it could make things worse, who knows. I have thought about this many times but have not talked with him about it. Food for thought for sure.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

matt76, It is good that you know this already. You need to plan for this for the future.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Depending on the outcome I already know what I have to do worst case scenario. One of those choices that has repercussions either way but my immediate family comes first.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

THis is an evolving situation for me . I have my family to consider that live in the same city , and now I also have her family to consider ……….my family would take the most work , as some of ” by marriage ” in laws are yankees , that means they dont know the ass end of a gun to the front of it . I have plenty of arms to hand out , but they would be work on my part . My girl’s family is a different story , in Russia , the men are required to serve in the military at age 18 , she has 3 brothers , I can take for granted that they can shoot . In conversations with them , two of the three have their own guns , maybe all three , but two for sure .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik, I think that we all have the the same problem with someone in the family. The good thing is we all have an idea who they are and hope we can teach them when the time of a SHTF.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

tentative organization as it stands now is the family matriarch will be leader when it comes to delegating jobs, etc. She is an outstanding organizer and can read people very well. She is adept at picking the right people for the job. She is moral, fair and practical. She will be in charge, except when it comes to things tactical. my father is too aged to be war captain, so that falls to me. Similar to the old american indian model. You have a chief for peacetime and a war captain whose word is absolute when it comes to fighting.

My second is my sister’s husband. He is ex-military as well, but doesn’t have as much on the ground experience as I do. He’s a good man though. Smart, thinks on his feet. And that’s enough.

As much as I love this Republic, this will not be a democratic republic… we cannot afford such luxuries.

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Frozenthunderbolt
    Frozenthunderbolt
    Survivalist
    member4

Don’t have a formal group yet (that they know) but I’ve been collecting and appraising people for a while to fit different roles.
    Have some provisional SOP’s written,and people earmarked for differnent roles, but haven’t thought specifically about the chain of command yet.
    How long my plans last when TSHTF who knows, but any planning is better than no planning ;-)

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

It is supposed to be some kind of regular meeting with all discussion about problems that group have or might have when SHTF.
    It is impossible to have useful group if you actually do not know how that group act. It is one thing to imagine how people will be and react from your group, but reality is different.

Since you can not know how people react before SHTF, you need to know them as close as you can.
    So regular meetings, or even some kind of practicing together (it can be only camping trip or similar) will show you some personality of the people in your group.

I meet folks from my group regularly, every week, I know them very well, I know their weak spots, they know me.
    Of course it is easier here, since most of them are veterans from the war, just like me.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.