Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

Hi All,

Events from New Years Eve onwards are significant news in Europe right now, I’m just wondering are you guys in the US seeing ANY news reports on this…?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3390168/Migrant-rape-fears-spread-Europe-Women-told-not-night-assaults-carried-Sweden-Finland-Germany-Austria-Switzerland-amid-warnings-gangs-ordinating-attacks.html

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Toby,
    There is some reporting but it’s not a major news story here. I saw a little coverage of the police arresting protesters. Seems very odd the police were arresting protestors but did nothing to the rape culture criminals. You guys in Europe better get your shiit together before it’s impossible to fix.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Perhaps the worst part of it all are govt reactions to Islamic violence and threats that look for the native citizens to change behavior rather than demand the the Muslims adopt European norms. How bad does it have to get before people will acknowledge that Islam is incompatible with Western society, and that the immigrants will never assimilate?

I can’t imagine the US would ever allow it to get that bad.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

MB,
    I wish that were true but; press 1 for espanol.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

74, there is no doubt but that Hispanics have and are changing the US and that it is not an exact parallel with other waves of immigrants that changed the US, but it not the same as with Muslims. Hispanics will eventually assimilate. Muslims will not. The US was mainly a Protestant country until huge numbers of Irish, Italians, Polish and others came from Europe and French came down from Quebec, and also large numbers of Jews coming in from Eastern Europe. The religious mix changed significantly, but all became Americans. The country changed to a new normal for what is considered American. Recent decades has seen mostly Hispanic immigrants who are significantly changing the mix. Their assimilation has been slower but it will happen, and what will emerge will be a new normal. Part of the difference is that a century to a century and a half ago uneducated unskilled immigrants were not a huge burden on the then society in which a large portion of the native population was also substantially uneducated and unskilled. They helped fuel the country’s rapid industrialization. With the notable exception of Cubans, Hispanic immigrants from Puerto Rico, Mexico and Central America though also uneducated and unskilled have come to an America with very little need for them. They are a huge burden. Add to that the earlier waves having come to a land without safety nets or welfare were forced to shift gears rapidly. In the modern era do-gooders do all they can to slow assimilation by providing a never-ending safety net without expectation that they will learn English and assimilate. Hispanics will eventually assimilate though but the country will have changed to a new normal in doing so. We already have to a degree. I love Mexican food. When I was a kid I had no idea what Mexican food was nor was there anywhere I could get it even if I wanted to try it. I will never learn Spanish but I accept it makes sense for my grandkids to do so. I admittedly cringe a bit when I hear of Cinco de Mayo celebrations, but there was a day when the natives likely cringed at the thought of St. Patrick’s Day parades and celebrations. I am not saying I am OK with the current illegal situation. The border with Mexico needs to be closed. All I am saying is that the ones already here will eventually assimilate. Muslims never will. Hispanic communities do pose certain criminal and social problems beyond US norms, but again not to the degree that Muslims do.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

MB: You hit the nail on the head. For the most part Hispanics want the same things that we do for the most part. It appears that the Muslims want us to change to be like them.

I believe this is just the beginning. We will see the very same thing here. It feels like the President is going out of his way to make it happen. Raised by leftist radicals and communists he brings a totally different world view.

Toby: What is the perception of our President in Europe?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Roadracer Roadracer.
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Good question roadracer. Leopard, what to folks in South Africa think of him?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

I’ve seen just a little here or there about the sexual assaults by Muslim men against European women. And I never saw a single story about the alleged beheading of the woman in the Ikea store outside Stockholm – until someone here from Sweden mentioned it in the SHTF Forum. No, our news is very, very skewed. As I’ve said elsewhere, the old cold war Izvestia, Pravda, and Radio Moscow of the CCCP era, were little if any worse that what our own press has become here.

And I would also like to see more comments from those in other countries about how the US in general is viewed, how our President is viewed, and what others expect will become of the United States.

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

No pravda in Istvestia, and no istvestia in Pravda ….

Cry, "Treason!"

Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

I can\t speak for ‘Europe’, but within my circle of friends the US president is viewed as being totally ‘out classed’ by Putin, and de-stabilizing huge regions with an ineffective, poorly executed and constantly shifting foreign policy. (Personally I would assess this is actually a very clever tactic as opposed to actual incompetence)

I often say, the only country that knows the US isn’t a single super power anymore is the US. Even ‘devoted’ friends of the US have started to put a degree of distance now, because the ‘International Bully’, is due a shock, and no-one wants to be too close when it happens…

Don’t get me wrong, I have great friends in the US and love visiting, but there is a power shift happening and the US’s reaction to it is deeply concerning…

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Thanks Toby. No surprises there. Part of the problem with the major media is that the family links between the White House and the executive suites of the major media outlets is astounding. The same can be said of the links with the executive suites on Wall Street. If it doesn’t fit the agenda, it doesn’t get published. It is via the internet that people who want to be better informed seek info.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

… [T]he US president is viewed as being totally ‘out classed’ by Putin, and de-stabilizing huge regions with an ineffective, poorly executed and constantly shifting foreign policy. (Personally I would assess this is actually a very clever tactic as opposed to actual incompetence)

That’s exactly how I see it. I do not believe he’s the low intelligence, bumbling fool some make him out to be. But I also believe that’s part of the overall strategy, to appear to have an opposition, while the opposition points people’s attention in the wrong direction – away from the carefully crafted, intentional destruction of the United States. Under Republicans, we end up at the same point as the Democrats take us anyway, perhaps just a bit slower, and with a bit different “flavor” – but basically the same ultimate outcome regardless. So if the Republicans point to the President’s “incompetence” and “ignorance,” ably assisted by their “fair and balanced” Fox News mouthpiece, a poorly educated and informed public buys it, buys into a “switch” every few years at the ballot box, and two sides of the same coin that keeps getting flipped continue rolling down the road.

Toby, I’m presuming you inadvertently left out a “doesn’t” in that assessment – that the US is the only one that DOESN’T know the emperor has no clothes.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

GS: You make a very good point. One of the things that make this strategy work, is each group has it’s news outlet (MSNBC/Fox) to keep the narrative going. The Dems have the White House, Reps have Congress. Thereby keeping the citizens focused on each other rather than the ruling elite. If the citizens ever got together they would be in deep trouble.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

But sadly, the citizens have been dumbed-down for multiple generations now in our schools. They know nothing of useful substance about history, can’t do math without an electronic calculator, have never heard of critical thinking or formal logic courses, and are no longer required to even learn the structure of language or even correct spelling, thus they lack the ability to communicate effectively. So the “if” part of the citizens ever getting together becomes a purely hypothetical exercise, sadly.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Well, at least Charlie Hebdo has made it likely that more US residents will know about the sexual assaults in Europe. They just ran a story about the bottom-feeding folks at Charlie Hebdo and their latest political “cartoon” in which they depict the little 3 year old Syrian refugee that was found dead on the Turkish beach. Caption: “What would Aylan have grown up to be? An ass-groper in Germany.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/01/13/a-new-charlie-hebdo-cartoon-portrays-dead-3-year-old-refugee-aylan-kurdi-as-a-sexual-attacker-in-germany/

Of course (?), WaPo wouldn’t post the cartoon – just a link to it. But at least the story has made it to our shores, even if the focus is not on the victims of the huge number of attacks in Europe.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.