Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

More than than one billion smartphones will be sold this year, which is a major sign of the times (“More Than One Billion Smartphones.” Business Insider, Feb. 5, 2014). That is one smartphone for every seven people on earth.

The smartphone is an amazing tool that can be used for the Lord’s work as well as for the devil’s, but the explosion of these devices witnesses to globalism, the technology explosion, the ‘me’ generation, and other things that are prophetic signs of the End Times.

A smartphone is a mobile phone with advanced features such as a camera, media player, GPS navigation, and internet browsing. Most are powered by Apple’s and Google’s operating systems.

The first smartphone to gain popularity was the BlackBerry in 2003 which became known as the CrackBerry due to its addictive nature. In 2007, Apple’s iPhone took the smartphone to a new level of popularity.

Smartphones are becoming as popular in poor countries as in rich ones, as there are smartphones for nearly every economic strata. Increasingly, people in poverty stricken regions such as South Asia and central Africa use the smartphone as a means of accessing the internet and conducting economic transactions that were heretofore limited to those with electricity and physical banking facilities. The smartphone is a major player in bringing the world together and creating a one-world economy and culture.

It reminds us of the scene in Revelation 11:8-10 which describes the two prophets being killed and their bodies lying in Jerusalem and being seen by “the people and kindreds and tongues and nations.”

And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. 9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and a half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves. 10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.”

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Every one of these Smartphones will have native applications (or hardware, at least) for cryptocurrency.
    All that remains to be decided is which system will reign supreme…

I like your ideas, Elijah, but I am of the mind that “the end times” simply means from the end of the 1st century A.D. until Jesus returns. We are cycling through the anti-christ’s gyrations, but this may not be the final go around. No way of knowing, but we must ALWAYS be ready, for our personal end may come at any time, or even the end of the world. I try to not get caught up with fixing “Obama as the Anti-Christ” or “has the Tribulation commenced” or “have I missed the Rapture” and all of that sensational stuff. Some in the first century were lectured for quitting their jobs and LIFE, in general, and just waiting for the Second Coming!!!
    We are called to keep on Keepin’ On, whatever that may entail for ME, and YOU, and all of US.

IMO that is the practical way to go about it!

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>undeRGRönd wrote: I try to not get caught up with fixing “Obama as the Anti-Christ” or “has the Tribulation commenced” or “have I missed the Rapture” and all of that sensational stuff.

Me neither. I have read various people since the 1970s ascribe whatever was going on at the time to fulfillment of some prophecy or other, and the Tribulation was about to start, only for it to come to nothing. While I believe the Trib is not all that far away I’m inclined to think that what is going on now is more of those lesser things that happen in human history, the “wars and rumors of wars” that Jesus spoke of that are not the end yet.
    I think the idea about the smart phones is that they could be used in the way the article hinted at, but not a certainty that they will. Before the coming of smart phones the world viewing of the two prophets was assigned to television and satellites, which works just as well. If the event doesn’t happen for some time, who knows what new technology may come along that would possibly fulfill the role.

Perhaps it wasn’t a good idea for me to post the article, because it can lead to the thought that smart phones will be the vehicle by which the prophecy will be fulfilled, and I am concerned about misleading people. Maybe I should take it down. I’ll think about it after I get some sleep.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Here’s another idea, Jerusalem was often visited by diverse peoples and tongues all through history. so it could have already happened. My dad is what is called a “preterist”, believing the whole of Revelation has been fulfilled. I tend to see it as a template of all the end times from the end of the 1st century until the second coming, as stated above. I have also spoken to a converted Jew at work, and he believes just like my dad. Most religious jews want to cultivate the premillennial perspective, as it generates political power and financial aid. I believe Israel is an ally, but not for these reasons.

I’d leave the post up, no harm in generating discussion!

The book of Revelation is the one major in-depth study I have done, and the good news about ALL the major interpretations of it, is that they all start in the same place, and all END in the same place. That being said, the end is simple: If we are on the right side, WE WIN in the END!

I have heard the millenium mis-represented as giving people a second chance after death…
    or after the second coming, when there is no doubt and no faith needed. But most say this is incorrect.
    Those that teach this would be misleading non-christians to think they will have a second chance.
    Bad deal for them if it is not so…

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

And can you imagine the frantic , crazed , low attention span zombies freaking out when they no longer work ? They wouldnt know what to do , they might as well be castrated , and blindfolded .

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

A Droid phone will be useful as a mobile computer. An iPhone, not so much. Droids can accept memory stick input and sync easier than an iPhone.

But a dead phone is useless to a sheeple, LOL

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.