Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

I tried to find the “What are you up to today” thread and couldn’t find it. Otherwise I would have posted this there. What an interesting week. I had to go down to the border this week for work and to tell you the truth I really wasn’t sure what to expect. Would there be crowds of illegals standing around, would it look like the wild west or would there be what resembled a police state? During the drive down I was passed by at least 30 state troopers heading south in groups. Upon arrival things looked no different on the surface than they had the other times I have been down there. After being there for a few hours the differences started to become more apparent. I started noticing Huey and Blackhawk choppers flying around with doors open and several people inside. Usually you only saw Ranger type choppers flying overwatch and searching for illegals in the brush. I saw several helicopters with what looked like illegals loaded in them being taken somewhere. When we got to the hotel I was in for a bit of a surprise. It took us an hour and a half driving around looking for a hotel with vacancies. Every parking lot was full of either border patrol or law enforcement. We finally found a room and settled in for the night. I started noticing shall we say “less reputable women” strolling through the parking lots of the hotels. Now there are some shady things that go on down there all the time but it usually is a little more discrete. My partner and I went to dinner and turned in for the night. Laying in bed I started thinking about the days events. I was surprised at some of the things I had not seen. The locals didn’t seem that alarmed. I had not seen anyone being picked up on the streets. BP/LE were doing well keeping it out of the public eye. What surprised me the most was there was almost no chatter about what was going on. Most times when you go into a restaurant, if you listen, you will hear the locals making comments about what is happening in their town. I heard almost nothing. How could people be at ground zero of an invasion and not be talking about it? Then it hit me. Border crossing is normal everyday life down there. Businesses are making a ton of money on all the personnel being sent down to help and the offenders are being shipped away from the local area. They are not being affected by any of the negative impact caused by the illegals; they are just reaping the rewards. I have a lot more to say about all of this but I think I will wait and add to this as people reply.

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Thanks for the update matt76. I guess depends on where you look and who you ask.

‘Sheriff: Mexican immigrant gangs in military fatigues marching through south Texas’ -8 August 2014

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2720066/Were-getting-overrun-danger-increasing-We-need-open-eyes-Sheriff-investigating-murder-Border-Patrol-Agent-claims-armed-illegal-immigrants-military-fatigues-spotted-ranches.html

“We’re getting overrun and the danger is increasing… we need to open our eyes': Sheriff leading probe into murder of Border Patrol agent claims armed illegal immigrants in military fatigues have been spotted on Texas ranches”

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Chester, hopefully this isn’t a dumb question but living where I do the border with Mexico might as well be on another planet. I’ve only been at the border once in Nogales, AZ back in the mid to late 80’s I think it was and found the whole experience very uncomfortable. Didn’t go back and won’t.

Was the area you went too mostly Mexicans or folks of Mexican descent? If so, could it be that they’re OK with what is happening?

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

A nation divided by a language , is a country in need of a civil war .

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Chester I think it is mostly dependent on where you are at. I was in McAllen which is kind of the western edge of the urban area in the southern tip of Texas. From there it quickly transitions to rural and then just plain BFE. There are some big cattle ranches down there covering tens of thousands of acres. One in particular is 860,000 acres. I would imagine these sparsely populated areas are where they are finding the most trouble. I suspect the fatigued immigrants are cartel members testing to see just how preoccupied BP/LE are rounding up illegals. You can guarantee there are some bad individuals coming across and when they are confronted they get violent. Especially if they are already in the system like the one who shot the BP agent.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

MB you are absolutely right about the border/South Texas area being a different world lol. Right on the border it is a mix of Mexican descent and Mexicans with the majority being descendants. There are a lot of people in the cities that live in Mexico but work in the US. They commute back and forth every day. They are usually your upper class professionals . What really surprised me years back when I first started working down in that area was how clearly they spoke English. When I run into Hispanics up where I live most of them act like they can’t speak English, but down there most speak it fluently. Many times when you walk into a business on the border the employees will speak to each other in English and only revert to Spanish if someone addresses them in Spanish. It is an interesting experience for a white guy lol. One thing I have noticed is the farther west you go along the border the less American friendly the locals become, not in a violent way but you are more likely to get the “gringo” treatment. As far as them wanting the immigration to happen I am not sure. I think they are indifferent to it. People have been sneaking across the border since it was established. Its and accepted way of life down there. The immigrants don’t stay they move north looking for a place to hide and then blend in and get a job, so the locals aren’t really burdened by them. They are making money off the new business boom from all the border security and don’t have to deal with the illegals much so I wouldn’t expect to hear many complaints from them. Those people just want to live a simple life and not be bothered. I think it isn’t that they are ok with it, it is just kind of out of site out of mind.

Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

Matt – thanks for the experience. Being in So-Cal and a border state I hope to move somewhere like where MB is as someday. I was born in Nor-Cal, but over the years I’ve been disgusted by the status quo here in CA and the “hand out” (vice hand up) state we have become. I wish that there were more hispanics that realize the impact that illegal immigration has made on the country, and if they do realize it that they speak out against it. The typical apathetic attitude that it has no impact on them and their businesses are making money especially irks me. It’s like being okay with the druglord who lives in the neighborhood because he doesn’t sell to your kids and he frequents your business so it’s fine. I do feel for those that don’t have it great in their home countries, but we can’t take everyone and I really don’t see why they don’t apply the same effort in their home country to make change instead of trying to change ours to reflect the one they came from. I am glad to see that there are some that speak English primarily, which is the way it should be – wish I knew some around here. All I see are the demands for more and more and more. One more reason on my L O N G list of reasons to bail as soon as I can.

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Novus I think the mentality you are talking about comes from all the free stuff handouts they get in CA. There is an odd phenomenon I have noticed amongst Hispanics here in Texas. If you look at a map of Texas and you found HWY 59, the Hispanics south of that line and in the narrowing point of Texas are like the ones I described above. They work hard, speak English and have assimilated to the American culture. Once you get north of that line and go into major cities like San Antonio and Houston where they get all the handouts, the attitude changes. Freebies ruin a group of people. If you look at blacks after they got thier freedom, most were hard workers for many generations. Then came welfare and the ones that moved to the city and started taking handouts got lazier and lazier. Welfare is how our government enslaves people. Hispanics will be in the same boat if they keep on the path they are on.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

They might be currently reaping the rewards of having swarms of law enforcement descend on the area, but you can’t have that concentration of law enforcement everywhere along the border. Only in the hot spots, and then only after the fact. Same problem the Romans had in England. They built Hadrian’s Wall and even with that tiny bit of wall and all those guys manning it, they still had infiltrators… our wall/border is orders of magnitude larger and we don’t have anywhere near the manpower to man it effectively everywhere at once.

Which means an area becomes a problem, then our guys rush to the area. The problem moves somewhere else. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Second thing is that the rewards being currently reaped will be small potatoes in comparison to what’s coming, and in hindsight, I bet most of those folks would gladly trade their “rewards” in exchange for a country not overrun with invaders. They are creating a country within a country.

– The Spanish showed up in the New World and, when they had enough guys, took the land from the locals.
    – The Mestizos (Spanish/indian hybrid.. or “Mexicans”), when they had enough guys, took the land from the Spanish.
    – The Texians were invited in and, when they had enough guys, took the land from the Mexicans.
    – Motivated by the Texians, the Americans, when they had enough guys, invaded and took the land from the Mexicans too.
    – Now the Mexicans are invading us and, when they get enough guys, they’ll try to take the land.

Bet on it. This WILL happen. Whites are being ethnically cleansed – forced out – from the Southwest on purpose. This “Aztlan” bullshit, which never existed in the history of history, is a motivating factor. The invaders might be slightly less hostile to whites than they are to blacks, but hostile is hostile – they have NO INTEREST in assimilating into US culture, learning English or anything like that. They are only here to soak up as much of our resources as humanly possible before they get enough guys together to make an effective play for the land…

Sooner or later – probably sooner – they will just declare themselves independent, then they’ll ally with Mexico, then they will be annexed by Mexico…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

What I can envision happening, starting with New Mexico, will first be demands for official bilingual status and then after that is firmly established, new demands for a special status along the lines of Quebec in Canada. In the US govt already is doing the bilingual thing with documents and such but in Quebec they have worked hard to ban English altogether from day to day living. Many quietly still make sure their kids can speak English so that they can function outside of Quebec but in my travels, once outside of tourist spots, you are hard pressed to find anyone who speaks English. 100 years ago pretty much everyone in Quebec was bilingual.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

To be honest I am a little surprised militias haven’t started showing up. Maybe they need to go talk to a few of these ranchers and go on a “training exercise” on his ranch. I wonder what these fatigued rifle toting drug smuggling individuals reaction would be to a couple hundred ARs pointed in their direction. To me when you cross a border armed and with ill intent for anyone who gets in your way, that is an act of war. Those American citizens have every right to protect themselves by what ever means necessary. If O won’t send military to stop a foreign threat then he should not be surprised when people start defending themselves and going on the offensive. I hope more citizens don’t have to die before something actually starts getting done. Of course half of what happens down there doesn’t get reported anyway, at least not on a national level .

Lone Eagle
    Lone Eagle
    Prepper
    member3

Just remember, it’s not just Mexicans jumping that border. Look up “OTM” or “Other Than Mexican”. With the porous border, who knows what terrorist scum have already made their way here.

“See you in New York.”–ISIS leader Abu Bakr al Baghdadi

Never challenge a man who has nothing left to lose.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Oh I’m with you. I have no doubt that another attack is almost guaranteed and our gov opened the back door wavi g them right on in. Of course somehow it will not be O or Holders fault for not enforcing the law. It will probably be Palin’s fault.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.