Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews
    chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Thanks for sharing. It’s best not to be lulled into thinking you’re much better off in rural location. In SHTF rural and urban areas will be game.

Google news results for ‘home invasion’ https://encrypted.google.com/#q=home+invasion&tbm=nws 16,100,000 results

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik, Interesting but what’s it mean?

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

No deer in the garden….. with meow patrolling the fence line.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Hmm, well now there’s a practical solution I never considered.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I have never thought isolated locations were a good choice unless you’ve got an actual compound going with perimeter security. Back in colonial days the isolated homesteads were picked off one at a time by the Indians during the French & Indian Wars. In my former town, people in the village would see the smoke from the house burning but they’d always get there too late to save anyone. When we were looking for a BOL I wanted to be in a hamlet or small village setting so as to have neighbors for mutual aid.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

74 , doesnt mean anything really , sept that my parents knew a rancher down in Cochise county that had one of those things as a “pet “. I remember my dad and I when I was very young went to talk to him ( we lived rural as well ) . we stayed in the truck and the guy came out to meet us , real nice guy , but we didnt dare go in the house lol . A lot of people in town knew about it , he never got robbed or had wetbacks cross his land .

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

74 I think Tolik means his cat can make it in 3, can you. My brother had a snow leopard back in the 80’s. He had a house and was looking for a roommate. He was screening applicants one day and he asked this guy if he had any pets. The guy said he had a pit bull. My brother told him it would not work as he had a cat and he didn’t want the guys dog to get hurt. The guy was like my dog is fine with cats. So the guy comes to the house along with his dog to check the place out. They were there about 5 minutes and the leopard came walking in the room. My brother has always wished he would have had a camera at that moment. The look on the guy’s face and the dog’s was priceless. Needless to say they were no longer interested in the room.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Matt76 , according to my mom , the guy left one of the bedroom windows open at night so it could “walk around ” outside . After awhile it’s return visits home got fewer and fewer , and eventually it stayed out and stopped coming back . This was the late 1960’s early 70’s , the world was a different place then , people minded their own business , everybody knew everybody , generally more freedom . If a guy had something like that in todays vaginal society , he would have all sorts of problems with all the self appointed whatever s .

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

People with large cats like that have always worried me. Not the people so much as the cats. They are after all still wild animals. It was probably best that the cat slowly adjusted back to nature and decided to go back where it belongs. You never know when that wild side will resurface and someone winds up getting hurt. I have to admit though the cool factor is pretty awesome. Lol i bet cleaning his litter box was interesting.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Tolik My sign is a little different than yours but similar…. yellow diamond.

My dog can make it to the back fence in
    2.3 seconds
    ( picture of a german shepard)
    Can you?

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

You are right about it being a different time. While people minded their own business it was also understood that if you had something like that and it went on someone else’s property it might not return to you in the same condition it left in. People handled stuff themselves. No need for lawyers and 40 bazillion regulations.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

I couldn’t tell you how many calls we went on where the door hadn’t been locked.

Burglary, thefts, assaults, most could have been prevented, or the residents given a fighting chance if they’d locked the doors.

Most had guns, just not on them.
    Gun or not, you still have to lock the door.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

At the end of the day survival can be hard everywhere. But I still take a rural retreat with like minded people I can trust around me any day over urban survival.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.