Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

God bless this man.. :)

Sometimes we take ourselves a bit too seriously… that’s when someone like Ol’ Remus comes in and does us all a service. This particular passage is knee-slapping, laugh out loud funny… at least to me it is..

“This is the bag we lavish our attention on. It’s an alpha male thing, a behind-enemy-lines thing, a new moon and Marine crawl thing. Everything’s camouflaged or stainless steel or mindful of infrared. The Selous Scouts would have killed for our kit (Me – okay, that there is funny… don’t care who you are), the CIA would rewrite their manuals if they only knew. This is the bugout bag we’re talking about here. Skivvies and socks were special order. Even the straps have straps. The carabiners are in matte no-glare, maybe even Woodland. We have a picture of it with the contents laid out, inventory style. The picture is a month old and therefore out of date. Aside: no photo of a bugout bag has ever been published without this caveat. Late at night we wonder if there’s room for a thermos-size cold fusion generator. (LMAO!!!) If we had a thermos-size cold fusion generator. That bag.

Followed up by this… :)

“Premium bags marketed to long distance hikers are, unfortunately, offered in color schemes that make circus advertising look sedate, as if they should be topped off with a rotating light and a kazoo. And they assume the user will require personal hydration plumbing just short of intravenous, so valuable real estate is devoted to that, um, need.”

Just had me a mental image of someone, traversing the deathscapes of a post-zombie-apocalypse America carrying one of these bags with a rotating light, accompanied by a circus theme (Dat-dat-daadaa-dat-a-dat-dat-dat).. LMAO!! Something out of Zombieland

Well worth the read…. everyone needs a laugh now and again…

http://woodpilereport.com/

I’m going to play this music in post-Apocalypse America… rotating and blinking lights, the whole 9 yards.. :) Seriously.. if anyone saw a heavily armed, very grim looking man with long hair, a beard, looking like he just stepped off the set of The Walking Dead, and carrying a rucksack that had blinking lights on it, playing THIS MUSIC really loud… honestly… would you mess with him? :)

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Don’t forget the big red shoes.

Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

No, I wouldn’t mess with him…I watched a show on two twin brothers who were both murderers and ended up in the same prison – no one messed with them because they did crazy stuff and one of them said “crazy beats tough every time”.

Malgus, that was hilarious – the funniest thing I’ve read on the subject yet. Especially so since I’ve got one of those machete’s with the sawback…and I’ve seriously thought about making a paracord belt! LMAO! I had to send it on to my crew.

BTW, Ol’ Remus posted what I thought was an awesome deduction of the Ferguson issue. It was newer than the bugout bag one so I read it first. A really good article – hope you caught it.

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

@ matt

Told my boy today that if he ever caught me wearing anything like clown shoes, just put me down, right then and there….

@ novus

Yep. Caught that posting by Remus… good stuff. Didn’t post it because, well… I clean forgot. Getting old blows… that’s why we got you guys around…. to remind us when we forget **** like our dentures… :)

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.