Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Not kidding.

http://ksn.com/2015/09/28/gov-brownback-will-sign-proclamation-for-zombie-preparedness-month-this-week/

“If you’re prepared for zombies, you’re prepared for anything,” said Brownback. “Although an actual zombie apocalypse will never happen, the preparation for such an event is the same as for any disaster: make a disaster kit, have a plan and practice it.”

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

The Zombie thing seems to be overdone at this point but to the extent it can still prompt some to improve their personal resiliency, why not. Its too bad that he and other political leaders won’t take steps to improve the resiliency of the infrastructure against natural or man made disasters.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Man made disasters? Are you speaking of Obama?

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I was thinking cyber attack, bio attack, or plain old fashioned terrorism or war. To that you can add economic collapse. Which of these might have been encouraged or aided by our own political and economic elite won’t much matter to those caught in it when it happens. Maybe afterwards but at that moment they’ll only be trying to survive.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

I’ve got some extra time tomorrow. I think I need some more range time.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

The unarmed will not survive. That’s a fact. After you check out if the chimp is human in the national geographic magazine see if the rawanda genoside is ever mentioned.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

The unarmed will not survive. That’s a fact. After you check out if the chimp is human in the national geographic magazine see if the rawanda genoside is ever mentioned.

Gun free = Victim rich……

History proves that.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

MB, while the zombie thing is indeed overdone, it allows some levity and humor to be introduced into a serious subject.

Even the Kansans said that they were using zombie to replace other emergencies, and if you were ready for one, you were ready for the others.

GS, As to ZombieMax, its Critical Defense with a different nose color and no nickle plating. (Good stuff)

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Zeke and ye shall find. This is also the month congress and Obama are doing martial law stuff to push thru budget votes. Not to mention the tremendous damage from the hosing South Carolina received in that biblical hurricane wakeeem. HP is very expensive in ny.

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Watching early seasons of The Walking Dead on Netflix. I got a bit of the zombie vibe for zombie preparedness month.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I just finished watching Fear the Walking Dead. The first 5 episodes are slow moving but may prove insightful. Episode 6 culminated the season with the final transformation of pacifists into realist.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.