Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik,
    So what is your solution ?

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Dont think there is one . But we need to stop being the ones that go in . Let somebody else do it for a change . Nobody in the Arab world wants us there , the Saudi’s tolerate us , but that is more of a business arrangement than any thing else . I would be all for it , if it ddid any good , but it doesn’t . There are certain places in the world where any president sending ground forces there , should have his head examined . Anywhere in Africa , Anywhere in Asia , and Anywhere in the middle east . You will not succeed . We freak out about ISIS ? ………but Mexican drug cartels committing violence , murder and destabilization within OUR OWN NATION is OK ??????? I dont see any war cry over Americans being killed every day by those guys . Just Sayin

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

Hohmo homini lupus est….

We either continue our way of life… or we pull out and the world gets fair really quickly…

its a rock and a hard place for sure.

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

KOS, Good quote. I don’t know that I follow your thinking. Continuation of our way = ? Same old same old? The world gets fair; well in what way, I can’t see how fairness will be generated. If you would please elaborate..

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I’m not quite following the fairness reference either.

I think for the US to stop being the world’s cop that we’d need to also withdraw from the globalism that our economy is so intertwined with because much of our military extension really is there to protect our economic interests. I know they cast it in humanitarian terms, but $ is usually behind what is deemed important. Remember the Tutsi genocide in Rwanda a few years back? We more or less looked the other way. No important economic interests in Rwanda. Bringing manufacturing back to the US from China and other 3rd world hell holes might re-vitalize the middle class, but it would also mean we give up the Walmart cheap imported crap model. I imagine the all-powerful defense industry could be re-tooled into a domestic fortress America mode rather than the global projection mode it is currently in. Lessening our influence in the Middle East would require focusing on domestic energy, and the eco folks would have to accept coal fired power plants, pipelines to transport gas etc and all of the alternative energy sources they say they support while at the same time fighting every single proposed wind, solar, and hydro project. Personally I’m game for some isolationism in combination with a withdrawal from the globalism economic model, but the Titans of Wall Street will never allow it.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

oh boy, this is going to be an unpopular statement, so i apologize in advance.

our quality of life here in the west, is directly dependent on our ability to exploit other countries and cultures. we are an empire.

so when i say the world gets fair really quickly if we pull out, i mean just that, we are no longer tipping the scales in our favor. the peoples who are currently being exploited would be instantly better off, things would get fair.

when obummer or whoever gets on stage and says “we go to protect the american way of life” they are absolutely telling the truth. but knowing that your way of life comes at the direct cost of another… is an unpopular thought… especially to those who consider themselves good people (look at extreme animal rights activists). it is also the same thing with QE and the money printing, they are delaying what should have happened years ago, in essence giving people more time in the sun, preserving their way of life.

the symbol of the pyramid that is on american currency, is a symbol of this. funneling resources to the top. in other words, it is a symbol of slavery and exploitation, of power over people. And so long as we live in that system of fiat, we are slaves. No matter how high on the pyramid you are, your a slave. The ones at the top, are dependant on those at the bottom, and so slaves to the system themselves. The only way out, is to live in abject poverty, most people are unwilling to do this.

its just my opinion, but i do not believe the pyramids, where a tomb, so much as a “look what i can do/did”, look at the power i wielded.

once again, i apologize, this will be an unpopular statement.

i have made peace with what i am in regards to other people in the world, and i understand their frustration and anger at being exploited. hence the latin phrase above. I lived a long time in poverty as a choice, no liscence, no car, no girls, and the same cloths for years, because of my ethical delima, once i was very spiritual.

it was only this last summer, when i was being tracked by a pack of wolfs, that i really accepted this. Over and over again in my mind, man is a wolf to man. the howling just got closer and closer, it was dark, and scared me to death. The howling stopped about 300 yards away. I thought I was fucked, but they never attacked.

re reading this, i realize how crazy that sounds. but i went to the woods looking for answers, looking for gold. and its not like the epiphany came from lsd. *lol was sober as a judge.

i still believe in morals and ethics, co operation, working together and the value of human life, right and wrong.

but i also know, that on the flip side, when the chips are down, and there is only one glass of water left on this planet, that man is a wolf to man. (there will be a war)

I am not ashamed to admit it, but i cried hard that night. Because i realized that no matter how good a person i thought i was, my existence comes at the direct cost of another, and i worry to no end about where i may draw the line between survival, and being a good person.

Months and months back, Selco talked to me about this, (might have been under one of my aliases sorry) and I am very grateful to know that I am not the only one who struggles with this dilemma. I have been working very hard, trying to develop a stratagem that will allow me to retain some sense of humanity for whats coming in our near future. i don’t so much care about what other people think of me, aside from my father. But i do care what I think of me, however narcissistic that sounds.

I don’t know if what I am cooking up will work, I know it is high risk, and that I will very likely die trying, but it sounds easier than living with myself if forced into a situation of desperation, and giving up my last inch.

*rant rant* you guys asked.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

…………..and every empire falls , we are the western Roman empire in the 4th century AD . It doesnt matter anymore who is emperor , because everybody already knows there is no stopping the collapse . So everybody is scrambling around to feather their nest the best way they can , before the military can no longer function and the Germans , Franks , Huns , and Goths take over the place .

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

tolik, absolutely. if you want to know who the front runners are, just follow the gold. thats where the armys will be.

first thing hitler did when he got to paris, headed straight to the vaults.

first thing britan did when the realized an invasion was eminent, was ship their gold to canada.

greatest theft in human history is occuring right now. convincing people to trade gold… for paper.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

KOS, on the fairness issue, if the American empire falls or withdraws from the rest of the world, the people and countries that you say we exploit are just going to have a new master, most likely China, and that will leave them wishing they had the old master back. They are brutal to their own people, and will be less so with those they conquer. Radical Islam will rule over its own empire as well, and we know how they’ll deal with any infidels in their midst. The world will not be a better place without the US. All empires fall eventually, and maybe our time is approaching but the era that follows will not be a pleasant one for most of the world’s population.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Yes and no , we are not the same good ol nation of the past , but rather turning into a Fascist nation . We are evolving within ……..and not in a good way , if we follow the current anti Constitution way , we will be no better than China . Hitler or Stalin , take your pick , either way , you loose . I have more respect for the person that tells you your an a$$h*le to your face , and means it , than the guy that shakes your hand , smiles to your face , then goes behind your back . The US is the smile to your face guy . Thats why I like Russians , they generally say what they mean , and dont care if it offends ………..I respect that . Ragheads with no navy or air force , have in effect defeated the US empire . They won for the same reason the North Vietnamese won , they simply outlasted us . The word is getting out , and its true . The best way to defeat the US , is to simply outlast them , and they will withdraw, because they must . Its either getting too expensive , or the people no longer support it . Power is a balancing game , Even Roman emperors had to play or die , they cant piss off the army , or the army will kill them , they cant piss off the people too much , or an ambitious general with a few legions and support of the people will have them killed . I think we are now like Nazi Germany , praying for that new high tech toy that will save the fatherland …………not going to happen . When we do fall ( not if ) we at least want to be like the Romans , in the sense that we leave a legacy that will last . To this day , the Romans influence is still felt , in law , politics , philosophy , engineering , art , etc . Some good , some not good , but they made a mark in history that can not be forgotten or erased . Dont get me wrong , I dont want it to happen , but at this point , short of a bloody revolution or civil war to correct it , we are going down the dead end road .

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

mountain biker, i agree. not trying to suggest that there would be peace on earth if usa became isolationist, just that if we where to take our hand off the scale, it would give those that are being exploited an opportunity to stand up. If only for a while.

china is without a doubt, going to be the next super power. but who knows, ebolaghanasiphilaids might change things.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.