Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Good points

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

It is sad that we have reached a place in society were we have to set a precedent before someone like that officer is held responsible for the way he acted. I mean really, we need to keep a tally of all the instances were this guy went berserk and wait for him to actually do bodily harm to someone before he gets dealt with. It is a disservice to the community and the officer. The community has to put up with a tyrant and the officer never learns any people skills. Heck a solid butt chewing and some unpaid time off early on might have changed that officers attitude and that could keep him out of prison later for harming someone.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

The cops killed 4 of the 8 bikers in Texas. Were they defending themselves or were they the active shooters?

Doesn’t seem like community policing has much future with bikers.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

The guys in the video are so typical of small time cops with nothing to do but harass kids and try to escalate any situation. Criminal Mischief is what they charge you with when they have no case. Its harassment through the court.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Yeah , small Pee Pee syndrome , they are compensating .

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

This morning when I was working at the Town Hall a Sheriff’s Deputy came in, apparently just taking a break or perhaps paying a courtesy call. It was just me and the Town Clerk there and so we had a nice conversation. I hadn’t met or even seen him before but he said he’s the one who patrols my town and the next one over. I was very impressed with his low key demeanor and the manner in which he explained how he handles certain kinds of situations. Being a pretty good judge of personality types, I don’t see him as anyone who would ever over react or be an ass like the cops in that video Tolik posted. Hopefully he is representative of our Sheriff’s Dept.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Last night one of our Deputies “flashed” me, a quick light of the light bar and a wave as we passed each other.

To look at him on the job, many are scared but out of uniform he’s a utter nut.
    He and his wife run a kids blow up toy business for parties, fairs and other functions. The slides, bouncy houses, etc.
    The funny part, the kids all know him and go running up to him in uniform, hugs and thanks, they all remember. Its the parents who have issues.

We only have two that are universally disliked, one SO, one PD. Both are excellent officers, they just have the personalities of rabid badgers on PCP.
    But there are those in every profession.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

MountainBiker ,
    I have noticed that in a general sense , Sherrif departments are more realistic and have more peace officers in them than city cops . Was with a friend passing through Texas , and was pulled over by a rural deputy , he had some fishy things going on ( not his fault , somebody in his company dropped the ball ) . The guy was very cool , but made sure we stopped traveling for the night because of the non functional rear tail lights . Sort of like an Andy Griffith show .

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.