Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Technical glitch they say!
    Robin

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yep! Trading on the New York Stock Exchange was halted around noon Wednesday after officials reported a major technical issue. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/08/nyse-united-airlines-wsjcom-hit-with-computer-issues/

To many things going on!!!!!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Here what also happen “The computer problem comes a few hours after a major computer issue forced United Airlines to temporarily stop all takeoffs, and the Wall Street Journal confirmed that its website — WSJ.com — was experiencing technical difficulties.”

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Look at this!! “The technical problems came as China’s stock market continued its selloff Wednesday, losing more than $3 trillion in market value. The China market situation had sent the Dow Jones Industrial Average down more than 200 points when the computer glitch kicked in.”

We are talking 3 TRILLION in market value!!!

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

All open orders canceled. Get out of the city now. Oh wait that’s really paranoid. LOL

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Remember guys the U. S. only owes China 1.2 Trillion, so China has lost over 3 Trillion in market value. China maybe going into a collapse soon.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

I’ve been having the same thoughts, and came here to post the following. Obviously I’m not the only one. So here were my thoughts – already largely typed out separately in an email to a friend just before coming here.

So, the ChiCom stock market is up a whopping 150% in just one year. Yet in just the past 30 days, it’s down 30%. It’s almost universally being called a “correction.”

What if the DOW dropped 30% in a month? That would be a CRASH.

I wonder why the rules for interpretation (i.e. news-speak) are different here compared to there? (Just wondering….)

And a 30% drop doesn’t sound nearly as large as a 150% gain, to the mathematically challenged. But let’s take a mathematically challenged level look at that:

Start with $100, add 150% of that ($150), and we now have $250. Wow! Great! Superb gain!!!

Now let’s take away 30% of $250 ($75), and we’re back down to $175. Still a nice gain from a year ago, but quite a bit larger drop when you look at 30% of a much larger number. Seems like a bit of fractional truth here – they gave us true figures, but in a way that FEELS so much better when they say it’s only a 30% correction after GAINING a whopping 150% in just a year. That 30% drop is actually 50% of the entire gain! And there’s every indication it ain’t over yet (wonder what will happen over there tomorrow, after what’s going on here today).

Add to that the total halt in trading at the NYSE today for “as-yet-undetermined technical reasons.”

Add those to the total shut down of the United Airlines system, due to an unknown glitch.

Add to those the fact that the Wall Street Journal web site went down entirely, and had to be replaced by a temporary page that said they are investigating.

But the DHS chief is QUICK to tell everyone that the United and NYSE shutdowns are “not nefarious.” And they already know that how?? Even before they know what caused it, they know what did NOT cause it?? How’s that work?!?

Before major earthquakes, it’s not uncommon for there to be smaller fore-shocks. I guess I’m just paranoid, but why is this feeling like fore-shocks? Are these possible fore-shocks really “just” probing to see just how deep “they” can get before they do the “big one” attack on the entire infrastructure – rail (why DID that train enter the curve at over 100mph???), power grid (many, many probes this year alone), airlines, stock market, banking system, news media that lets people know what’s going on, TV networks (recent major network hacks during prime time), etc., etc., etc.? What about nuke plants? I remember when Turkey Point (Miami) went down “simply” because of an off-site, commercial station failure, several years back. Why is it that it just “feels” like something’s brewing, but the news media and DHS reassure us that all is well?

Like I said, juss wunderin….

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Yeah, great complexity leads to great failures.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

That’s just paranoid talk.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

And back up and running according to Fox

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

It was only down for 4 hours, not bad, also we do not know why the Wallstreet Journal website WSJ.com was also down and oh not a big problem that at the same time United Airlines computers were all down too all at the same time wow no big problem.

Sorry but one problem I can understand but when three large companies go down and for more then three to four hours I’d say that was an attack coverup.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Here is some interesting news on Fox, Did Anonymous hacker group predict NYSE ‘glitch’?
    Jul. 08, 2015 – 4:34 – Organization tweeted cryptic message about trouble for Wall Street; reaction from cybersecurity expert Greg Keeley View the video!!!!

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4344551481001/did-anonymous-hacker-group-predict-nyse-glitch/?intcmp=watchnow#sp=show-clips

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

And the sheep just keep blindly leaping off the cliff…

(Mostly because they are checking their free cellphones and not paying any attention to reality around them.)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

I thought about making this a separate thread, but I believe it’s related. The headline is that the Shanghai stock market has now equaled the 1929 crash.

http://www.kitco.com/commentaries/2015-07-08/Drop-In-China-s-Shanghai-Index-Now-Equal-To-That-Of-Crash-of-1929.html

Yet gold and silver hardly moved when the three non-nefarious computer glitches just happened to occur almost simultaneously (within hours of each other). Now THAT is just weird – or, would be if somebody was holding it steady. But the market certainly can’t be manipulated, so as Whirlibird said, move along – nothing to see here.

I think there was not particularly any malicious intent today, but what it most likely was, was a test just to see “what if” multiple outages occurred around the same time. AND, as “Anonymous” said, they wondered IF Wall Street would have difficulties on Wednesday, and that they hoped so. It was a test of THEIR (or someone’s) capability, as a run-up to something else on a much “grander” scale. Only time will tell.

The bottom line is that Selco has been warning of sudden bottom-dropping events for quite some time. Are we truly ready for total chaos and anarchy of the worst sort? It could come any day.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Funny thing, North Korea is claiming responsibility for the NYSE shut down. It doesn’t mean they did though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.