Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

North Korea is getting ready for war with the South. Kim Jong-un is nuts.

“North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has ordered his country’s nuclear weapons made ready for use at a moment’s notice, the country’s official state news agency reported Friday.”

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/03/03/report-north-korea-readying-nukes.html?intcmp=hpbt2

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Might happen, but the word “posturing” comes to mind. And accidents can also happen. Boy leader is indeed nuts, and it’s highly unlikely any of his military leaders aren’t fully aware of that also. How far it will go is a toss up.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

NK has always been big on posturing but given we are not dealing with a sane person one of these days he will try to launch. The best we can hope for is that his top military guys will step in when he finally does give the order.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

He’s whacked anyone capable of opposing him.
    Stauffenberg has likely never been heard of in NK.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I can’t see Kim Jong-un wasting his first shot on SK even if he is unstable. Seems to me he would try to knock out the US mainland first then launch a ground offense against SK.

While that was happing It would give China, Russia and anyone and everyone a completely free hand to take what ever they they want as long as they were able to mobilize forces.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Remember that he just sent a new satellite over us. Does it have a nuke inside it? Can he do an EMP attack on us first and then send the nukes to South Korea? Then like 74 said “give China, Russia a free hand to take over.”

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Talk about “Storm clouds are building.”

This nut job needs James Franco and Seth Rogan to go “interview” him……

http://ageofdecadence.com

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Boy leader is indeed nuts, and it’s highly unlikely any of his military leaders aren’t fully aware of that also. How far it will go is a toss up.

Agree, we are kinda get used on him and his statements, in a way that he is just nuts and he will just go on with threats and nothing more then that.
    But it is scary what he can start.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

With the purge of some of his top generals, I wonder how brave they would be if he did give the order. Everyone agrees that he is nuts, I just wonder how nuts his generals are.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

It might require his assassination to prevent a launch. I wonder if anyone around him would be able to do that, and what would be the outcome of his assassination? Would they launch anyway?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Profile photo of 74 74.
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

The stakes just rose as concerns NK. The newest embargo is tougher as evidenced by the Phillippines just seizing a NK ship. He is being boxed into a corner and like a caged animal he may see no alternative.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes MB, this is why he is going nuts. The embargo will be the toughest even on NK.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Because UN sanctions are causing this isn’t going to make him feel less agreved. As the sanctions go on he will become more unstable.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes 74, How long before he goes nuts we don’t know but if he can’t feed his top military he will feel like he has to do something before they take him down. SK maybe were he hits first but he maybe planning to use his EMP satellite nuke on us. We need to be as ready as we can for this.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Seems to me he would try to knock out the US mainland first then launch a ground offense against SK.

Whether he has the capability yet or not is debatable, but just one single decent-sized nuke exploded somewhere over the middle of the United States will take out virtually all of the electronics (including all of the big power transformers that aren’t quickly replaceable) across the entire lower 48 states. The satellite that crossed over us is too tiny to have been that kind of weapon. But they know they can do an orbiting satellite now, and even if they have multiple failures along the way, all they need is ONE to explode over our heartland, and we’re fried (literally).

And Selco’s point is spot-on: “But it is scary what he can start.” Add that to MB’s observation about the Philippines’ seizure of the NK ship. You’ve got to KNOW that wasn’t their own unilateral idea, and NK would also know that the Philippines would not have done that all by themselves without heavy pressure from their “allies” (US and maybe others).

I took a full semester course in Games Theory (an advanced political science course) in my senior year of college. What a marvelous course for deepening one’s understanding of how “they” go about things in the real world, and what’s behind things that we’d never know even had anything behind them if we merely listened to the “news” media. Names of people like Henry Kissinger were prominent in our required readings. (It was truly one of the most instructive and fascinating courses I’ve ever taken. It was not opinionated, was objective, and it went deep. And amazingly it was taught by Tom Hayden’s brother-in-law no less!).

So yes, it will be very interesting to see what happens with the Philippine move – I believe there’s MUCH more there than meets the media-provided “eye.” But we’ll hear mostly about Nancy Reagan’s death for a few days, with little mention (let alone analysis) of the Philippine seizure – unless NK actually does something amazingly major. In fact, even expanding the entire World News section of Google News to the point where there are no more news stories available, the Philippines’ action is not listed as a story. And in a CNN story about North Korea’s nuclear threat, updated today at 6:00 p.m., there isn’t even a mention of the ship seizure. Strange (or so it would seem).

Why would it seem that someone might be trying to provoke the little Krazy?

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.