Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

I have always been fascinated by the non-lethal means to deter behavior. A good friend happens to be making one of these for the hell of it (recently retired/bored). Not real great for OPSEC reasons – but I can’t wait to see the result.
    Here is the link

What has really interested me for years was the non-lethal use of sound in particular. Sound you really can’t ‘hear’. The LRAD sort. I haven’t found any plans yet til today - but since friend making Bedazzler just looked again and found this. If I had the $$ to spend on it – I’d get it in a heartbeat to test it out. Maybe when friend done with Bedazzler I’ll get him to make me one. Why? I don’t know. Just really like this idea of surrounding the place with this sort of thing (non-audible yet strong deterrent). Ha! I’m weird right?

Course our government might use LRAD’s on us some day the way things are going.

Just for a change of pace in discussions…

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

I saw something on the science channel the other day that looked kinda like a megaphone. When aimed at an individual who was talking it would play back their speach with a slight delay. It confused the brain and they pretty much weren’t able to talk. At first their words turned to jiberish and then just quit talking. Can’t really think of a good tactical use for it but the science is interesting. Maybe you could aim it at a group of attackers and mess up their communication.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

I’m pondering non lethal weapons A LOT! There arent really proper castle laws where I live and the chance that someone might stop by and see if any doors are unlocked does exist.

The plan right now is to buy regular pepper spray I can find here and somehow make sort of pepper spray grenades out of them. I ll be throwing them wearing a mask of course.

After having a few beers with some friends and pondering some alternatives we also thought about paintball guns with bullets that contain acid instead of paint. That is very much over the top of course… but I think it makes sense to be a bit creative when it comes to weapons.

I just did a bit of research and found these launchers for pepperspray balls and another website from South Africa selling pepper spray and less lethal ammunition for paintball guns. Pretty interesting.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Most of the “pepperball” guns are nothing more than up-pressured paintball guns.

The added pressure to increase range a bit but mostly to ensure the breakup of the ‘balls’ on soft targets.

I won’t beat around the bush, they’re a joke when compared to a firearm, almost any firearm.

Sheriff’s department where I used to live had one and during training/testing I pointed out to the chief detentions officer that if they used it on some people, they’d only make them mad and I’d have to shoot them.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

I contacted the company, they are also only sold to law enforcement and similar organizations.

The problem is just I need a proper weapon to deter the average poor opportunistic country boy who might check on some unlocked doors and windows at our place. I can’t just shoot that guy.

Even proper Pepperspray is technically illegal here. So all you get are the standard cans from some cheap Chinese manufacturer. I was even looking for something like a small high powered water gun to shoot homemade “extreme chili sauce” but didnt find anything that made sense so far.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Jay buy some wasp spray, the kind that shoots 20+ feet. It is cheaper than big can of pepper spray and has good range. Trust me it burns like crazy if you get it I your eyes. Hint: never spray wasp nest down wind lol.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.